Procurement & Project Officer
To support the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau in ensuring a successful implementation of the EU funded project “EU4Moldova: Local Communities, Component 2 WSS (Water Supply and Sanitation) and sub-component 3 VET (Vocational Education and Training)”, the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is recruiting a Procurement & Project Officer.
The overall objective of the project is to improve the quality of life and to address the economic and social consequences of COVID-19 in selected local communities of the Republic of Moldova, thus contributing to their longer-term resilience.
The Procurement & Project Officer will be responsible for the accurate and solid procurement and contract management of the entire action. The responsibilities include the implementation of all required actions to operationalize the contract management and the procurement structures and processes and to ensure compliance with the Project Operational Manual (POM), contractual obligations and ADA rules. The position is based in the project management office in Chisinau with regular business trips within Moldova.
- Procurement officer duties:
- Ensure complete and correct preparation of procurements.
- Ex-post controls and review of the quality of purchased products and equipment.
- Ensure full compliance with ADA’s pillar assessed processes and standards, and effective procurement management, comprising inter alia:
- Contribute to the development of technical specifications and Terms of References for the procurement/tendering of goods, works and services (including audits).
- Prepare tendering documents, request for proposals and other documents in line with the relevant ADA procurement rules and implement the bidding processes, including: administrative and procedural support to the evaluation and selection process (e.g. researching and short listing of suppliers, contractors and consultants); comparing and evaluating offers of procurement processes to be launched.
- Support the Project Management Team (PMT) in preparing grant agreements (Call for Proposals) and the award of the grants for selected applicants in compliance with ADA rules and regulations (where applicable).
- Prepare contracts for services, supplies and works in full conformity with ADA rules.
- Liaise and exchange with the Tender Agent, ADA relevant units on procurement processes and tender design.
- Maintain updated records of purchased equipment; regularly update inventory list.
- Store and maintain procurement and contract records in an electronic data management system and file folders in compliance with the POM.
- Provision of information and implementation of contract strategy and strategic procurement including tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractors, legal considerations and payment conditions, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management.
- Monitor supplier’s performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods & services.
- Conduct EDES checks prior to procurement or grant awards.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving strategies.
- Prepare and monitor the procurement plans and propose contract corrective measures.
- Support the procurement of Component 2 WSS and sub-component 3 VET.
- Regularly monitor procurement and compliance risks and develop risk mitigation measures.
- Project officer duties:
- Provide administrative and logistical support in organizing seminars, round tables and conferences.
- Support the preparation, recording of all financial transactions in compliance with ADA’s financial system, audits as well as reports the potential risks.
- Maintain office correspondence and perform a variety of secretarial duties.
- Provide substantial input to the Inception & Annual Report, monitoring and ad-hoc reports and respond to any special reporting requirements of the EU, ADA, relevant ministries and stakeholders.
- Support the communication and visibility activities.
Qualification and experience
- Education and professional experience:
- University degree in Accounting, Law, Business Administration/Management/Finance or relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of procurement and accounting / finance, administration and preferably in an international environment
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the procurement methodologies/requirements of goods, works and service contracts, preferably under EU PRAG rules; Moldovan public procurement law; knowledge of the Austrian Procurement Law would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and auditing.
- Experience in budgeting and controlling for donor/EU funded projects.
- Experience with funding received from large institutional donors, in particular with European Union.
- Auditing experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated work experience with international institutions and agencies.
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence.
- Good analytical writing, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload as required.
- Capacity to work under pressure and availability to travel inside the country and abroad.
- Self-motivation and proactive working style
- Valid driving license and driving experience.
- Language skills:
- Very good English and Romanian (both oral and written), Russian would be an asset.
- Computer skills:
- Regular Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SharePoint, Office 365, Project, Teams and “online documents” etc.).
- Specific Computer skills: Accounting software experience, extensive knowledge of tabular software (Microsoft Excel, Google sheets, Libre Calc etc.). Proficient user of social media.
Application and documents to be presented
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st October 2021 at 24:00 hrs. (12:00 p.m. Moldova time), indicating position name “Procurement & Project Officer” in the subject, with the following attached documents:
- Letter of motivation in English, including salary expectations and highlight your relevant experience for the assignment.
- Curriculum vitae in English.
- Names, contact details and working relationship of three professional references (at least one referee should have been your direct supervisor).
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials.
NOTE: Delayed and incomplete applications will not be accepted. ADA will not accept phone calls on behalf of applicants. Such calls will harm applicant’s chances in applying for this position. Any form of lobbying will lead to disqualification. Only direct calls from the applicants related to logistics of application (email submission, location and time of interviews etc.) are allowed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. This project position is subject to the pending signature of the Contribution Agreement between the EU and ADA.
For more information please find:
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.