Driver / Support Assistant / Logistics
To support the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau in ensuring a successful implementation of the EU funded project “EU4Moldova: Local Communities, Component 2 WSS (Water Supply and Sanitation) and sub-component 3 VET (Vocational Education and Training)”, the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is recruiting a Driver / Support Assistant / Logistics.
The overall objective of the project is to improve the quality of life and to address the economic and social consequences of COVID-19 in selected local communities of the Republic of Moldova, thus contributing to their longer-term resilience.
The Driver / Support Assistant / Logistics will be responsible for the project transportation and regular trips within Moldova and other logistics. The project management office will be based in Chisinau.
- Main specific duties:
- Drive project vehicles daily as assigned and/or pre-approved by Team Leader (TL), including routing shuttle service runs, scheduled field trips, project-related transportation within Chisinau/Moldova and other driving assignments as required.
- Take full responsibility for proper use and maintenance of project vehicles.
- Support the set-up of the project management office and overall coordination.
- Deal with various state authorities regarding sale/purchase/ handover/registration/clearance of vehicles and/or vehicle spare parts.
- Monitor the vehicles annual insurance.
- Fulfil special requests of the Project Management Team (PMT) and picking up and delivering items as directed
- Support the PMT to make travel arrangements for the contracted experts and official delegations, including arranging cost-effective travel connections, hotel reservations, transportation, etc.
- On a need’s basis support with translation.
- Support in maintaining office correspondence.
- Available and ready to travel/drive outside Chisinau and Moldova.
- Maintain passenger confidence by keeping information strictly confidential.
- Prepare information to be exchanged with partner institutions, donors and the public for logistics and transportation.
- Maintain contact with contractors, project partners and beneficiaries.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the project office cleaning staff or service company and the related running services of the office (internet, heating, landline, minor repairs etc.).
- Effecting some technical repairs in the office within his capacity.
- Delivering and picking up of documents, parcels etc. upon instruction.
- Purchase of stationery and office equipment upon instruction.
- Support the PMT to identify quotations and offers for office and administrative supplies and services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Record all trips undertaken with assigned vehicles in car log-books, travel bills etc.
- Fulfil project reporting requirements and maintain records on vehicle routing, vehicle condition, fueling of vehicles, etc.
- Organize scheduled inspections of technical condition of project vehicles.
- Check vehicles weekly to ensure that they are operational and safe to drive.
- Initiate and supervise any repairs required on vehicles with supervisor's approval.
- Support the communication and visibility activities.
Qualification and experience
- Education and professional experience:
- Secondary technical education or equivalent.
- Valid driving license, minimum category B.
- At least 7 years of professional driving experience with awareness of security issues. Previous experience with diplomatic mission or international organization is an asset.
- Skills in driving with 4WD under difficult road/weather conditions.
- Skills in minor vehicle and equipment repair.
- Be familiar with roads and routes within the scope of duties.
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence.
- Be familiar with both manual and automatic gear box.
- Experience providing logistics and administrative support.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload as required.
- Capacity to work under pressure and availability to travel inside the country and abroad.
- Absolutely reliable and punctual.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Language skills:
- English and Romanian (good), Russian would be an asset.
- Computer skills:
- Regular Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Proficient user of social media.
Application and documents to be presented
Please submit your application to email@example.com by 1st October 2021 at 24:00 hrs. (12:00 p.m. Moldova time), indicating position name “Driver / Support Assistant / Logistics” in the subject, with the following attached documents:
- Letter of motivation in English, including salary expectations and highlight your relevant experience for the assignment.
- Curriculum vitae in English.
- Names, contact details and working relationship of three professional references (at least one referee should have been your direct supervisor).
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials.
NOTE: Delayed and incomplete applications will not be accepted. ADA will not accept phone calls on behalf of applicants. Such calls will harm applicant’s chances in applying for this position. Any form of lobbying will lead to disqualification. Only direct calls from the applicants related to logistics of application (email submission, location and time of interviews etc.) are allowed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. This project position is subject to the pending signature of the Contribution Agreement between the EU and ADA.
For more information please find:
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.