Communication (Visibility) & Community Engagement Officer
To support the ADA Coordination Office in Chisinau in ensuring a successful implementation of the EU funded project “EU4Moldova: Local Communities, Component 2 WSS (Water Supply and Sanitation) and sub-component 3 VET (Vocational Education and Training), the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is recruiting a Communication (Visibility) & Community Engagement Officer.
The overall objective of the project is to improve the quality of life and to address the economic and social consequences of COVID-19 in selected local communities of the Republic of Moldova, thus contributing to their longer-term resilience.
The Communication (Visibility) & Community Engagement Officer (CCEO) will be responsible for the project components communication activities and will proactively support the Project Management Team (PMT) in all Public Relation (PR) matters and organising events. The CCEO will play a leading role in managing project online presence on a wide range of platforms (digital newsletter, DIGITOOL, social media etc.) and guiding wider digital editorial processes and will have a close contact with project partners. The position is based in the project management office in Chisinau with regular business trips within Moldova.
- Communication and visibility duties:
- Propose and carry out necessary actions to achieve the expected results defined in the Description of Action (DoA) by providing methodologies and approaches for specific tasks in order to warrant a timely and high-quality implementation of the project in accordance with the MPCA and ADA POM (Project Operational Manual).
- Ensure the implementation of the project communication and visibility plan, in compliance with the EU and ADA visibility guidelines and monitor implementation of PR activities for Component 2 WSS and sub-component 3 VET.
- Manage and steer the foreseen communication and visibility and coordinate all public relation activities.
- Manage the development of a corporate design, create and plan the communications, event management and visibility activities to support the successful implementation of the project.
- Create, manage and update the project’s social media accounts, web page and ensuring consistency of the materials and regularly updating according to the calendar, coverage schedule and promoting the online content.
- Identification and development of storylines for publications and substantive articles, project related success stories or videos, other promotional materials.
- Responsible for the organisation and implementation of media campaigns and media coverage.
- Proactively write and gather editorial content (text, images, audio, video, etc.) and adapts for web and social media.
- Support PMT in creating, editing and translating official documents and presentations, speech writing and copywriting.
- Prepare analytical information and PR communication to be exchanged with partner institutions, donors and the public as well as procurement of (consulting) services.
- Maintain and update the EU DIGITOOL communication and visibility platform on regular basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Community engagement duties:
- Organizing awareness campaigns (SWM, WASH) in collaboration with NGOs, service providers or other implementing partners.
- Liaison with Local Action Groups and other established groups in the communities.
- Link the beneficiaries, implementers and local government at various levels.
- Drafting of Terms of References for service providers related to PR, communication and community engagement.
- Coordination and representation:
- Represent ADA in meetings as necessary and assigned by the TL.
- Self-coordination of responsibilities, tasks deadlines and teamwork.
- Provide timely input and comprehensive reporting for Component 2 WSS and sub-component 3 VET according to the EU and ADA requirements as set out in the MPCA and POM (reporting on log frame, SDG etc.) and respond to any special reporting requirements of the EU, ADA, relevant ministries and stakeholders.
Qualification and experience
- Education and professional experience:
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Journalism, PR, Communication, Business Administration, Management, Economics and Marketing or another relevant field).
- At least 4 years of working experience, a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position or similar international environment.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload as required.
- Experience in implementation of EU funded projects.
- Demonstrated work experience with international institutions and agencies and PR experience.
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence and creative thinking, initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks
- Good knowledge of modern office procedures and office management.
- Experience in planning, organizing complex events and cooperating with media.
- Professional experience in writing, editing and creating content for social media for business or other type of organisations.
- Certified training in media and/or communications, or a related field is an asset.
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and availability to travel inside the country and abroad.
- Valid driving license and driving experience.
- Language skills:
- Fluent in English and Romanian (both oral and written), Russian is an asset.
- Computer skills:
- Good command of regular Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SharePoint, Office 365, Project, Teams and “online documents” etc.). Basic graphic design skills (Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Lightroom) is an asset.
- Experience for writing features for the Web. Proficient user of social media.
Application and documents to be presented
Please submit your application to email@example.com by 1st October 2021 at 24:00 hrs. (12:00 p.m. Moldova time), indicating position name “Communication (Visibility) & Community Engagement Officer” in the subject, with the following attached documents:
- Letter of motivation in English, including salary expectations and highlight your relevant experience for the assignment.
- Curriculum vitae in English.
- Names, contact details and working relationship of three professional references (at least one referee should have been your direct supervisor).
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials.
NOTE: Delayed and incomplete applications will not be accepted. ADA will not accept phone calls on behalf of applicants. Such calls will harm applicant’s chances in applying for this position. Any form of lobbying will lead to disqualification. Only direct calls from the applicants related to logistics of application (email submission, location and time of interviews etc.) are allowed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. This project position is subject to the pending signature of the Contribution Agreement between the EU and ADA.
For more information please find:
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.