The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Civil Society Engagement in High Corruption Risk Sectors (Education / Local Public Administrations) within its project “Strengthening the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Mechanisms in the Republic of Moldova”.
The Advisor is responsible for:
- Providing technical advice to national and local Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and grass-root initiatives for citizens ‘participation in anti-corruption measures with a focus on high-risk sectors such as education or local public administrations;
- Supporting locally-driven anti-corruption actions by grass-roots CSOs collaborating with other local actors (e.g. citizens’ councils, local councils, mayors, private enterprises);
- Supporting networking and alliance-building between grass-root and well-established organizations, as well as organizational development within the CSOs and multi-stakeholder initiatives;
- Cooperation with and support of local media that contribute to mobilisation and raising awareness on aspects of integrity, fight against corruption and civic engagement at local level;
- Creating and/or supporting monitoring mechanisms for implementation of current and future anti-corruption strategies and action plans in selected high-risk sectors and in some pilot regions;
- Developing qualitative surveys as a part of an "Anti-Corruption Barometer" for selected high-risk areas, complementing existing indices and using new and innovative methodologies, with particular attention given to gender-related aspects of corruption;
- Developing and managing different stages of grant schemes for CSOs in close cooperation with the programme management and financial officer;
- Supporting the programme management in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and internal knowledge management.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in economics, public administration, law, journalism, international relations, development studies or areas related to high-risk sectors mentioned above;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in cooperation with civil society and/or management of civil society initiatives and projects; experience in anti-corruption work is a strong advantage;
- Professional experience working with or in one of the aforementioned high-risk sectors is desirable;
- Previous proven experience in development cooperation or related work for an international organisation is a strong advantage;
- Previous proven experience in management of donor-financed grant schemes is a strong advantage;
- Full working proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Full proficiency in oral and written English and Romanian; working knowledge of German and Russian is an asset;
- High level of integrity and commitment for anti-corruption;
- Ability to work in an international team;
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills;
- Critical thinking;
- Capacity to identify and promote new and innovative digital solutions in project implementation;
- Awareness and practical knowledge on gender and diversity principles;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 15th of February 2021, time 17:00, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.