UNICEF Moldova is hiring a National Individual Consultant: Legal Specialist to adapt the existing legislation in order to start piloting the approved funding schemes. The Legal Specialist is expected to review the existing legal framework and propose the necessary legal adjustments that will allow for the piloting of the approved funding schemes.
Qualifications and experience
- Advanced university degree in Law;
- 5-8 years of experience in the reviewing and further development of the legal system;
- Excellent knowledge of the legislation in the Republic of Moldova, particularly the public law;
- Good analytical and writing skills, and the ability to present the results in a simple language, making use of visual aids (maps, graphs and other visual tools);
- Excellent command of Romanian and English, both oral and written; knowledge of Russian is an asset;
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills;
- Previous work experience with Governmental Institutions or UN Agencies will be considered a strong asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/moldova/en/career-opportunities
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 4 December 2020
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply and become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.