Junior Non-Key Expert to conduct an assessment of the reform of the Judicial Map in order to identify needs to review the judicial organisation
Job name: Judicial map expert
Implementing Agency Hulla & Co Human Dynamics GmbH & Co KG/ DAI Global Belgium SRL announces a competition for the selection of a non-key junior expert, expert on the judicial map within the project funded by the European Union "Support to efficient prevention and fight against corruption in justice sector”
Project: project funded by the European Union "Support to efficient prevention and fight against corruption in justice sector”
Specific Objectives of the mission of the Junior Non-Key Expert (JNKE)
On the basis of the Assessment methodology drafted by the EU funded Project, the JNKE will review and analyse all key elements of the judicial map reform process after the period of adoption of the Law No 76 on the reorganisation of courts and propose concrete measures for continuation of the process by considering all strengths and weaknesses observed. The reform of the prosecution service becomes an objective priority for the next period. That is why the assessment will cover the prosecutor offices as well.
The main objective of the assessment is to provide analytical data and concrete recommendations for more efficient steps for completing the reform.
Scope of the assignment, timeframe and location
Scope of the assignment
Under the supervision of the President of the Working Group on the Reform of the Judicial Map and the Project Team Leader, in close cooperation with the Ministry of Justice, the Superior Council of Prosecution, the General Prosecution Office, the Court Administration Agency, and the EU High Level Advisor on Justice, the expert will assess the current status and results of the judicial map reform.
Update of the current judicial map with latest data about:
- Analysis of the workload
- Assessment of the existing premises of courts, branches and prosecutor offices
- Analysis of financial implications of the judicial map reform up to date and according to the existing plans by the end of the reform in 2027
Timeframe of the assignment
The assignment of the JNKE will be for up to 60 working days in the period November 2020 – April 2021 with possible extension.
The JNKE will work in the territory of Rep. of Moldova depending on his/her movement in the country.
The JNKE shall have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in law with minimum 5 years of work experience in Justice sector. Some work experience with courts, in addition to proven knowledge of judicial organisation, would be an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken Romanian and English
The JNKE will start the work with a briefing discussion with the Team Leader. The JNKE shall deliver the following reports and materials:
- Minutes and recommendations from the meetings conducted
- Working plan for the achievement of his/her mission
- Report on the assessment of the current status and results of the judicial map reform
- Weekly reports and Mission report at the end of the mission
Submission and approval of reports/ deliverables
The JNKE shall submit the reports and other written materials to the Team Leader for preliminary review and discussion. All materials shall be discussed and agreed with the working group on the Judicial Map.
Application method: Please send your CV in Romanian and English until 23.11.2020 to: [email protected]; Contact person: Dumitrita Popa