The European Network of Election Observation Organizations (ENEMO) is a group of 23 election observer organizations from 18 countries of post-communist countries of the OSCE region supporting and advancing best international democratic observation standards in the region.
ENEMO has deployed an International Election Observation Mission (IEOM) for the Presidential Elections in the Republic of Moldova, scheduled for November 1st 2020 for the 1st round and November 15th 2020 for the 2nd round.
The IEOM is therefore undertaking recruitment of Assistants/Translators for the Short-Term Observers for the Election Day.
Closing Date of application: October 21st, 2020 (by the end of the day)
Expected date of employment: November 1st, 2020 (for the 1st round of election); November 15th, 2020 (in case of the 2nd round of election).
Application procedure: the interested candidates should send a recent Curriculum Vitae, a Cover Letter and a copy of their Identity Card to the email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by October 21st (by the end of the day). The subject of the email should be “Application for local staff – IEOM Moldova 2020 – Assistant/Translator to STO”.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Terms of reference for the positions of Assistant/Translator to Short-Term Observers:
Responsible to: ENEMO IEOM observers
Job Summary: Provides interpretation/translation and assistance service to observers.
- • Provides oral and /or writing translation to the observers;
- • Provides assistance and accompanies observers in the area of deployment during Election Day;
- • Performs other duties as required.
- • Excellent knowledge of the language of the host country;
- • Fluency in English language;
- • Fluency in Russian language;
- • Interpretation/translation experience;
- • Ability to work having irregular working hours;
- • Readiness to travel within the country.
Essential but not obligatory:
- • Domestic or international election observation or assistance/translation experience.