Terre des hommes Moldova (Tdh) is looking for an International or National Consulting Company/Organization specialised in development of e-courses to develop two e-learning courses on bullying
The work will be performed online, due to pandemic situation.
Working in Moldova since 2004, Terre des hommes (Tdh) is dedicated to ensuring the fulfilment of all children’s fundamental rights and to contributing to the improvement of the Moldovan child protection system. By means of its projects, Tdh Moldova aims for sustainable prevention of and response to violence, neglect and exploitation against children at the community, district and national levels. Tdh Moldova is geographically operating in the entire country. Currently, Tdh’s work in Moldova is built along three complementary axes – Child Protection Systems, Children Affected by Migration and Access to Justice, and seeks to develop synergies between them as well as with other key thematic areas of Terre des hommes Foundation.
Violence in schools, in all its forms, is a breach of children’s rights to education, health and wellbeing. Qualitative and equitable education cannot be ensured if adolescents are confronted with violence in the school environment. Violence in schools can take the shape of single actions, or the shape of regular intimidation, degrading treatment and harassment (bullying).
According to “Bullying among adolescents from the Republic of Moldova” Study(link is external) conducted in 2019 by UNICEF Moldova, 86,8% of the total number of students of 6th to 12th forms are affected by bullying. The report revealed that adolescents involved in situations of bullying, either as aggressors, victims or witnesses, are more inclined to absenteeism, school drop-out, and have low academic performance. Aggressors or victims of bullying are more likely to encounter symptoms of depression and anxiety, have a low self-esteem, feel lonely, and sometimes loose interest in any activities.
Aware of the existing challenges, Terre des hommes Moldova is implementing, with support of UNICEF Moldova the project “Joint actions to end bullying in Moldova”(link is external) that is committed to prevent and to respond to peer violence in the schools.
The project, Joint actions to end bullying in Moldova, is built on the recommendations of the 2019 UNICEF’s Study “Bullying among adolescents from the Republic of Moldova” and the Roadmap to accelerate ending violence against children in the Republic of Moldova 2019-2025, and is coming forth to strengthen a broader programme implemented by Tdh in Moldova on preventing childhood violence.
The project will work to achieve its objectives through a combination of policy review, capacity building of professionals, empowerment of youth and awareness raising about bullying prevention and response. Professionals from schools, psychological services, including Pscyho-Pedagogical Assistance Services, education departments, Youth Friendly Health Clinics, but also young people from the TdH-supported Youth Clubs “ALEG” (Adolescenti Lideri pentru Egalitate de Gen), including young people registered on U-report Moldova platform will be empowered and engaged into prevention, response and raising awareness initiatives about bullying. Combined, these efforts are expected to prevent childhood violence, improve social norms, and generate an evidence based and context specific model for primary prevention efforts in Moldova.
One of the project’s expected output is related to development of two e-learning courses: one for school staff and one for adolescents.
In this context, Tdh is looking for a consulting company/organization (hereinafter Company) specialised in development of e-courses to work with the Tdh’ content providers (experts) to put together and design the e-learning course based on the training package. The work will be performed online, due to pandemic situation.
Scope of work
The goal of this assignment is to develop two e-courses on bullying – one for schoolteachers (e-Course 1) and another for adolescents (e-Course 2). The e-learning courses shall aim to ensure easy and fast access to information and knowledge and build the capacities of the target groups.
Target groups: school staff (for e-Course 1) and adolescents (for e-Course 2).
The e- Courses will be:
- developed based on the scenarios provided by the Tdh’ content providers (experts);
- mandatory developed using Articulate Storyline
- developed as a sequence of independent Content Objects (max 20 min each);
- graphically designed, technically developed, tested and validated
The courses will be developed in two languages, Romanian with Russian subtitles, producing all the media needed (e.g. videos, animations), making customized development as necessary and agreed, integrating the media and customized development into a learning multimedia content (e-Course) and finally making the final adjustments, testing and providing the e-Courses for validation to Tdh and UNICEF.
The e-Courses will be delivered in different formats:
- online on various Learning Management Systems (including adapted to such e-learning platforms as Educatieonline.md, studii.md, childHub.org); on various Learning Content Management Systems, learning platforms/sites or virtual learning environments, and
- offline on CDs/DVDs and will run on all common technologies used by the Moldovan educational market.
Various methodologies to make the course interactive – without necessitating a tutor- would be highly expected. The course should include short videos (to be created by the Company, possibly games, etc.) The Company will be responsible for the technical implementation of short videos, interactive elements in a format allowing their use on different learning platforms, including Moodle platform.
The Company shall work with the team of experts (providing the content knowledge), to define the general architecture/scenarios of the e-Courses.
It is estimated to develop:
- 15 content objects for e-course Nr.1;
- 12 content objects for e-Course Nr. 2.
Each Content Object will have a scenario. The Company will also deliver each Content Object (of max 20 min each) in the editable format provided by Articulate Storyline. Content objects will consist of learning resources using any agreed media (text, graphics, video, hyperlinks, animations, simulations etc.)
The development process will be supervised by Tdh, during all phases of design and development, including the testing and validation.
General principles - the e-learning courses shall:
- Be user-friendly, with clear guidelines to follow the course content, suitable for self-paced learning
- Have a clear and comprehensive content,
- Have a practical and applicative rather than academic character,
- Be interactive and dynamic, include clear and relevant case-studies and examples, visual, video and audio elements,
- Include additional relevant study materials and readings, bibliography and references to the legal and normative framework,
- Make reference and include illustrative examples and case studies from the country and the international experience,
- Gender, vulnerability, disability, inclusiveness, human rights and child safeguarding aspects, shall be vividly reflected throughout the course content,
- Include module evaluation quiz and contribution to the final training evaluation quiz.
Tasks and Deliverables
To achieve the mentioned general specifications, the Company is required to fulfil the tasks presented in the following table.
Task 1. Graphic design and technical development specifications for both e-Courses.
Delivery 1. Interface, navigation and access models (Graphical User Interface Document).
Task 2. Graphic development, technical development, internal testing and validation for both e-Courses.
Delivery 1: Graphic development folders.
Deliverables vs timeframe:
The work starts as soon as the contract is signed and is estimated to last up to 6 calendar months following the scheme from below:
Timeframe for developing e-Course on bullying for school staff (e-Course 1)
Timeframe for developing e-Course on bullying for adolescents (e-Course 2)
It is estimated to have a 20 weeks duration following the timeline from the table, with the starting date the first day after the contract is signed.
The selection criteria:
- Company’s qualification, capacity and experience in designing and developing eLearning content (e-Courses, materials, objects)
- Proposed Methodology, Approach and Implementation Plan
- Management Structure and Qualifications of key personnel proposed, including of an Instructional Designer/Content Manager
- Competitiveness of the rate offered
- Excellent Romanian language is a requirement from all staff involved in the creation of the e-learning course.
Please find the Terms of Reference here: ToR National Consultant Bullying E-course
How to apply:
The applications will be submitted to: email@example.com(link sends e-mail), no later than 25 October 2020.
In order to apply please send:
- Description of the Consulting Company/organisation Profile, including product catalogues;
- Certificate of Registration of the business, or equivalent documents;
- Statement of Satisfactory Performance or Letters of Recommendations from the top three clients obtained in the last three (3) years;
- List of qualified key personnel, including the Instructional Designer/Content Manager, with CVs and professional certificates (valid at the date of presentation);
- A 5 to 15 minutes Sample of Work consisting of 1 to 3 Content Objects, previously developed on a unitary topic. The Company shall provide a CD, DVD or USB with the requested sample or a link to access the sample;
- Technical Proposal, which includes - proposed Methodology, Approach and Implementation Plan, including Management Structure and Key Personnel;
- Financial Proposal, including a budget / cost-breakdown.
Please refer to the position you are applying to in the subject section of the application e-mail. Please note that only the selected candidates will be contacted. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
The contracted Company will be required to agree and comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding standards, as well as to adhere to and follow Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.