Employer: American Councils for International Education Moldova
Project: English as a foreign Language online camp
Position title: English Language Conversation/grammar/writing Instructor
Deadline for applications: September 30th, 2020
Employment type: - 2 hours a day (45/15 break/45 min) both synchronized lessons and asynchronized ones - 20 hours a week ( and 2 additional unsynchronized lessons recorded for the weekend) / 6 weeks.
Groups of 4 students
Location: - Online, technical equipment provided.
Target group –international high school students 15-17 years old (pre-intermediate, intermediate levels)
Duration: 2 November – 14 December (Curriculum development, a 3 days teacher training, will start October 5th).
EFL English as a Foreign Language Online Training Course will be a 6 weeks intensive online English language teaching camp organized within the framework of the FLEX program.
The Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) is a US government-sponsored program for secondary school students from countries of the former Soviet Union (Eurasia), but not limited to. This US State Department-sponsored program provides scholarship funding for students to travel to the United States, attend a US high school for a full academic year, and live with a US host family. To facilitate this experience, all students undergo an extensive orientation to life in America.
The intensive language program aims to create an English immersion environment to provide high school exchange program students with optimal English language learning opportunities and prepare them for their stay in the United States.
- Online teaching curricula development using online teaching platform(s).
- Plan, prepare, deliver, and evaluate lessons entirely in English for elementary – pre-intermediate, intermediate levels.
- Plan and deliver lessons that are inclusive for students with visual and hearing disabilities.
- Maintain attendance and progress records for students, elaborate weekly reports for the group.
- Prepare both synchronized lessons and asynchronized ones for students who missed the lesson.
- Check and assess classwork and homework
- Promote and encourage students to speak only English in class improving their listening and speaking skills.
- Use teaching materials effectively and share knowledge and experience with the team of fellow teachers.
- Attend a 3 days TOT workshop in online teaching.
- Consistently monitor program quality, making improvements, if necessary.
- English teaching qualification
- Experience in teaching English as a Foreign Language,
- Experience in online teaching and good IT skills.
- Flexibility and commitment.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a multicultural team
- Enthusiasm and creativity.
Applicants should send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An updated Curriculum vitae.
- A lesson plan – Synchronized – 45 minutes lesson for intermediate level students.
The lesson plan should contain information regarding the teaching platform used, the books/book used for teaching, the outcomes of the lesson.
- A 20 min recording – asynchronized – for upper intermediate level, for high school students.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
All applicants will be thoroughly screened and will be expected to attend virtual TOT training.