International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development, and poverty reduction. IDG is the prime contractor on the three-year USAID Financial Sector Transparency Activity (FSTA), based in Chisinau, Moldova. IDG is seeking to recruit a Local IT Expert to join the project full-time to provide support with implementation of an Anti-Money Laundering/Countering Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Software Solution and development of the Retail Market for Government Securities. The IT Expert will work as part of a team of local and international consultants, providing support to the National Bank of Moldova (NBM) and Central Securities Depository (CSD).
- Work with FSTA staff and the NBM working group on the implementation of the new AML/CFT Software Solution; and, assist the NBM IT department with implementation of the solution as follows:
- Provide expertise review, input and comments for each phase of the solution implementation – design and analysis, implementation/construction, training, testing, and go-live and final acceptance. The selected candidate is expected to review and provide acceptance for project deliverables;
- Closely monitor implementation of the workplan and communicate with the FSTA/NBM regarding project progress and issues that arise;
- Support the NBM to ensure a proper management of project risks, quality and progress control of deliverables at every stage of the project; and
- Contribute to drafting of change management requests in situations that might appear due to scope change, including scope extension, using the resources reserved for this purpose, or when the vendor will propose solutions to individual requirements that NBM does not believe are satisfactory.
- Develop with the FSTA and CSD staff new methodologies and solutions relating to the development of innovative IT solutions:
- Analyze CSD’s current IT infrastructure and suggest ways to integrate an electronic retail market; and
- Provide inputs for drafting terms of reference for the electronic retail market, including architecture design, functional and non-functional and implementation requirements.
- Provide support and written documentation to any relevant project the team is implementing as required
- At least 5 or more years of working experience in IT, preferably related with the financial sector
- Solid IT background and strong knowledge of recognized standards and best practices related with project management, IT governance, software implementation etc.
- Ability to perform complex business analysis tasks
- Demonstrated track record of successful design and implementation of complex business software solutions, especially related with big data
- Experience in managing projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Strong Romanian and English language skills
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and CV in English, to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted no later than 8th of October 2020, until 17:00. Only applications submitted within the deadline will be considered.