REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
NATIONAL CONSULTANT ON MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
Modernization of Government Services Project
Project ID No. P148537
Reference No.: MD-eGA-71860-CS-INDV
The Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Modernization of Government Services Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The objective of the assignment is to provide e-Governance Agency (eGA) with necessary support in planning, management, and implementation of the HR related activities planned in the framework of the 3rd component of the MGS Project.
The e-Governance Agency now invites local individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions) and meet the following minimum qualification requirements:
- University or higher degree in HR Management, law, public administration, political sciences or similar; Master Degree in HR Management field would be an advantage;
- At least 8 years of general professional experience in, or working with, national institutions in the field of HR policy development and implementation, and/or public administration/civil service reform;
- Consulting experience in public administration/civil service reform projects in developing and delivering governmental policies: draft policy-reform papers, concepts, regulations, would be an asset;
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in the development and application of HRM policies and procedures in the Republic of Moldova;
- Experience in working with high-ranking government officials, and to advise and interact with all levels of management and staff;
- Experience on public services delivery and/or improving quality of public services, would be an asset;
- Experience with donors financed projects is desirable;
- Ability to effectively communicate and write in Romanian and English. Knowledge of Russian will be considered an asset.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant (IC) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, i.e. 09:00 to 17:00 local time.
Time Frame: This is a full-time assignment expected to commence in early September 2020 with a trial period until December 2020. The initial contract will be signed for a period of 12 months and can be extended subject to the Consultant’s good performance and the same fee rate.
For further details, please see the Terms of Reference.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their letters of intent and CVs with the mark “IC – Management of Human Resources” by August 14, 2020 COB to the address below:
E-Governance Agency of the Republic of Moldova
Attn: Ion Barbarasa, Procurement Specialist
MD-2012, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova,
42B, A. Puskin str.,
Phone: (+373 22) 820-021