The Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) is looking to source a local consultant to provide support to the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment (MARDE) with streamlining the current operation of the National Ecological Fund of Moldova (NEF). This work will be engaged under an intellectual services contract, and takes place within the framework of the EU-funded EU4Environment Action (https://www.oecd.org/site/eu4environment/).
The main responsibilities of the assignment are as follows:
- Developing an Operational Manual of the NEF, based on the new draft Regulation and proposed institutional set-up for the administration and daily management of the NEF.
- Assisting in the revision of existing criteria for identifying and selecting investment projects; reviewing the rules and procedures for project evaluation, management practices, spending plans and payment mechanisms.
- Supporting the Head of Division at MARDE with the current management of the Fund.
- Developing the Regulation of the Division of the management of the Fund within MARDE (based on new regulation on the Fund and the Operational Manual).
- Developing functional responsibilities for the staff of the Division (10 units, according to the new Regulation).
- Organising and conducting the training of NEF staff on procedures laid out in the Operational Manual.
Basic required qualifications would include:
- A sound knowledge of the in-country situation in the environmental field (socio-economic context, key environmental issues, legislation, institutional frame and government responsibilities in the field of environmental management) and of the general management of the NEF.
- Experience with coordinating (inter)national programmes and projects and in working with international organisations and governmental institutions.
The detailed terms of reference can be provided upon request to the EU4Environment National Action Coordinator for Moldova, Mr Andrei Isac: firstname.lastname@example.org, (Tel: 022 20 45 29 or 0691 30 366).
Applications of interest should include a detailed CV, references and a motivation letter. It is encouraged to include examples of past work. Please send by email to Isabella.NEUWEG@oecd.org, cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17h00 (Central European time) on Monday 27th July 2020. Please mention the contract title: “OECD Local consultant to support NEF” in the subject line.
Suitable applicants may be invited for an interview (video/skype). The selected applicant will be engaged under an intellectual services contract with OECD for an estimated duration of 9 months.