The project ”Technical Assistance to support CSOs development in the R. Moldova”, financed by EU Delegation to the R. Moldova and implemented by a consortium led by KMOP Greece (EuropeAid/138197/DH/SER/MD-Relaunch) , is hiring 1 (one) Senior Non-Key Expert (SNKE) for supporting the local civil society organizations and train them on community mobilization approaches and tools.
Activity 2 - Strengthening civil society organisations in the Republic of Moldova / Sub-activity 2.1. Building the capacity of local civil society organisations in the policy dialogue process
The overall objective of the Technical Assistance (TA) contract is to contribute to the development of civil society in becoming a stronger actor, including in actively participating in decision and policy-making and implementation processes of the European Union (EU)-Moldova Association Agreement to enhance domestic accountability and transparency.
Within the purposes of the TA contract, relevant for the present assignment, are:
- Technical assistance to EU grant beneficiaries to implement EU funded projects and to comply with EU rules and procedures and,
- Monitoring of grant achievements under the Civil Society Facility.
The primary purpose of the actions financed within the grant scheme under the Civil Society Facility is the provision of financial support to third parties. The Call for Proposals was designed in such a way as to allow small, grassroots organisations to cooperate with larger, well-established applicants through the mechanism of financial support to third parties. Grassroots and smaller organisations cannot often apply directly for EU funding, so the arrangements under the Call gave them access to EU funds, as sub-grantees.
The overall objective of the assignment is to enhance the knowledge and skills of local CSOs to address the needs of their target groups better and to become a stronger actor in policy-making and dialogue at local and national levels. It will contribute to CSOs gaining the opportunity to upgrade their services/programs, effectiveness, and sustainability.
The Senior Non-key Expert is expected to deliver a two-day training/ workshop on the role of CSOs in community mobilization processes to facilitate a more active role of the CSOs in policy dialogue and decision-making.
The training program should be designed for the local, regional and rural CSOs in the Republic of Moldova.
The main tasks of the assignment are:
- • To develop a training programme based on the needs of the target organizations in consultation with the project team, based on a clear theoretical, normative, and methodological framework, which respond to local needs, thus ensuring the sustainability of the competencies formed.
- • To deliver the two-day training workshop for the target CSOs in a manner that facilitates the development of the practical skills necessary for the effective operations of the grass-root CSOs in the Republic of Moldova and capitalizing on the best practice achieved and sharing of experience;
- • To draw up the report of the training based on the set objectives.
- • To systematise and present the FAQs (Frequently asked questions and answers).
The training may cover the following topics:
- • The concept of community mobilisation;
- • Community mobilization cycle. Methods and techniques used in the community mobilization process.
- • Identification of strategies and development of community mobilization action plans for the local communities of the CSOs.
Minimum selection criteria:
- Higher degree in Economics, International Relations or development, Political Science, Social Science, or Human geography;
- At least ten years of professional experience within the civil society sector.
- At least three (3) years progressive work experience in the field of civil society capacity development, including community mobilisation, advocacy, lobbying for local and national causes and addressing community needs to the public authorities;
- Proven skills in organizing and elaboration of workshops/ training programmes;
- At least five years of experience in participation in international projects and/or institutional capacity development activities;
- Prior work experience in experience in ENI East countries and particularly Moldova will be an asset.
Competences – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Fluent in oral and written English; knowledge of the Romanian or Russian language will be considered an asset;
- Have excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Input in working days - Six (6) working days, all spent in Chisinau, as follows:
- Three (3) w. days for preparing the training materials;
- Two (2) w. days for delivering the training /workshop
- One (1) w. day for reporting and for compiling FAQs
Estimated timing: 1 August - 31 August 2020
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 22th of July 2020
Please send your CVs in EuropeAid format to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org