The project ”Technical Assistance to support CSOs development in the R. Moldova”, financed by EU Delegation to the R. Moldova and implemented by a consortium led by KMOP Greece (EuropeAid/138197/DH/SER/MD-Relaunch) , is hiring 1 (one) Senior Non-Key Expert (SNKE) for supporting the local civil society organizations and train them on the sustainability of CSOs and the elaboration of Sustainability Plan for their activities.
Activity 2 - Strengthening civil society organisations in the Republic of Moldova / Sub-activity 2.1. Building the capacity of local civil society organisations in the policy dialogue process
The overall objective of the Technical Assistance (TA) contract is to contribute to the development of civil society in becoming a stronger actor, including in actively participating in decision and policy-making and implementation processes of the European Union (EU)-Moldova Association Agreement to enhance domestic accountability and transparency.
Within the purposes of the TA contract, relevant for the present assignment, are:
- Technical assistance to EU grant beneficiaries to implement EU funded projects and to comply with EU rules and procedures and,
- Monitoring of grant achievements under the Civil Society Facility.
The primary purpose of the actions financed within the grant scheme under the Civil Society Facility is the provision of financial support to third parties. The Call for Proposals was designed in such a way as to allow small, grassroots organisations to cooperate with larger, well-established applicants through the mechanism of financial support to third parties. Grassroots and smaller organisations cannot often apply directly for EU funding, so the arrangements under the Call gave them access to EU funds, as sub-grantees.
The main task of the assignment is to prepare and deliver three (3) consecutive workshops, one day each, having as a main subject the following topics:
- The sustainability of civil society organisations and developing the Sustainability Plan for civil society organisations, as well for the project they implement, which includes at least:
- What are the key features of sustainable CSO - activities, actors, resources needed etc.;
- What is sustainability and sustainability gaps;
- What are indicators for sustainability;
- Success factors to consider the feasibility of a Sustainability Plan;
- Stakeholder identification, engagement methods and approaches;
- Designing Sustainability Strategies and plans;
Minimum selection criteria:
- Higher degree in Economics, International Relations or development, Political Science, Social Science, or Human geography;
- At least ten years of professional experience within the civil society sector.
- At least five years of experience in participation in international projects and/or institutional capacity development activities;
- Practical experience in elaboration of Sustainability Plans, indicators;
- Prior work experience in experience in ENI East countries and particularly Moldova will be an asset.
Competences – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Fluent in oral and written English; knowledge of the Romanian or Russian language will be considered an asset;
- Have excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Input in working days:
Seven and a half (7.5) working days, all spent in Chisinau:
- Three (3) w. days for preparing the training materials;
- Three (3) w. days for delivering of three trainings (one day each)
- One and a half w. day (1.5) for reporting.
Estimated timing: 1 August - 31 August 2020
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 22th of July 2020
Please send your CVs in EuropeAid format to the following email address: email@example.com