America House Chișinău Program Manager Job Opening
America House Chișinău (www.facebook.com/AHChisinau/) is looking for a Program Manager! America House Chișinău is the flagship cultural center of the United States in Moldova, designed to increase mutual understanding between Moldova and the United States through programs and informational resources.
America House Chișinău offers programs/activities in five core areas: English language activities, EducationUSA advising, U.S. Government Exchange Alumni engagement, Cultural programs, and information about the United States. The Center also offers resources, such as books, films and documentaries, games, and Internet access.
Under the general supervision of the AICE President (www.aice.md) , the America House Chișinău Program Manager maintains the daily operations of the Center, overseeing day-to-day programming and administrative tasks in compliance with U.S. Embassy guidance.
The Program Manager serves as the liaison between the America House Chișinău and the U.S. Embassy Chisinau, namely with Public Affairs Section, as well as local agencies, businesses, schools, and organizations with an interest in supporting the goals of the U.S. Embassy in Moldova.
- Customer Service skills:
- Experience providing customer service to a diverse audience
- Experience working with youth audiences
- High English-language proficiency
- Communication skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in English and in the local languages (Romanian and Russian) with minimal review and correction.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence and to maintain accurate records
- Organization skills:
- Skill in prioritizing work assignments
- Ability to carry out routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Initiative in developing and implementing programs that are engaging, informative, and support the goals of the U.S. Embassy in Moldova
- Public Speaking / Presentation skills
- Ability to speak to individuals and before an audience, including introductions of speakers and programs, communicating instructions and maintaining order (courteously reminding patrons of code of conduct), and closing events.
- Ability to plan, create, and carry out trainings on basic resources in the AH.
- Good working knowledge of standard office productivity software including word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications.
- Working with tools for on-line communication (Zoom, Google Meets, Stream Yard, etc.)
- Education—university degree or candidacy;
- General knowledge of U.S. history and politics, values, society, culture, and education;
- English (minimum upper-intermediate (B1) level);
- Management experience;
- Supervisory experience;
- Ability to assess community (in Moldova) interest in American topics and other areas of interest;
- Ability to create, promote, and evaluate activities and events that promote the Center and its resources;
- Ability to plan and maintain a budget;
- Experience studying in the United States or holding an ECA alumnus/ status is an advantage;
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations;
- Strong intercultural and communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Designs and implements innovative programs that support the goals of the U.S. Embassy in Moldova;
- Creates and manages events calendar;
- Strengthens local and international contacts, including partnerships with local and international universities, NGOs, educational organizations and networks, USG alumni, guest speakers, Moldovan officials, etc.
- Provides customer service to America House Chișinău visitors;
- Supervises other America House Chișinău Staff: IT Coordinator, Communication Coordinator, and Administrative Assistant;
- Sets up rooms for programs – makes sure rooms are tidy, chairs and tables are in place, and requested supplies and equipment are ready/available;
- Coordinates with event leads to ensure the Center has all the information, event forms are filled in on time, all the tech needs are arranged in advance according to the Center’s policies;
- Liaises with IT Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, EducationUSA Adviser, and Communication Coordinator to ensure the events and programs are well-publicized;
- Ensures the Center is clean and all equipment is well maintained;
- Reports monthly statistics and events in a timely fashion using provided templates;
- Along with Communications Coordinator, manages the Center’s Gmail account, responds to routine email inquiries and uses good judgment to forward requests to U.S. Embassy personnel;
- Tracks supplies and materials and submits requests for additional supplies as needed;
- Records and reports patron requests, comments and complaints to assist management in improving services;
- Procures and supervises catering for various events when needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
ANTICIPATED START DATE
September 1st, 2020, one year contract with possibility to extend.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out this application form: https://forms.gle/ZiAMZ7e98c6hSapY8
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to a face to face interview.
- For any additional questions, please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until August 16, 2020.