Skat Consulting Ltd. invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Office Manager within the Mă Implic – Project on civic engagement in local governance (Phase 1: 01.11.2019-31.10.2023), funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
The „Ma Implic” project aims at ensuring that rural population of Moldova has equitable access to quality public service provision.
Duty station and contract duration
- Based in Chisinau, Moldova
- 100 % working time
- Contract till the end of 2020, with the possibility of extension
- Starts as soon as potential candidate will be selected
The Office Manager (OM) is responsible for office administration and procedures, ensuring organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety, and will provide general support to the project in the areas of administration, financial management /accounting and correspondence incl. translations.
Summary of functions and responsibilities of the Office Manager:
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring that office operations and procedures are organized. When necessary, act as point person for liaising with staff, suppliers, partners and beneficiaries.
- Designated cashier, administer the petty cash acquisitions (cashbox responsible).
- Provide general support to the Project Team Leader and, in some cases, to task managers, during project implementation activities, as: manage TL schedule; organize meetings; make travel arrangements; write minutes of internal and external meetings; prepare Power Point presentations; proof-read and lay-out documents; provide interpretation services and translate documents.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) in any administrative, financial managing and accounting tasks upon request. Provide HR support.
- Tender for procurement of office goods and services.
- Prepare and manage administrative contracts.
- Events and trainings coordination. Actively participate in the planning and execution of project events and trainings.
- Translate, interpret and proofread in 3 languages (RO, ENG, RU) the materials and documents for uploading on the project web-page.
- Act as procurement specialist with shared responsibilities with the Task Managers.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in a relevant field (eg. administration, business, languages, social sciences), or equivalent professional preparation.
- Demonstrated experience of min. 3 years in administrative work, preferably including experience in international organizations.
- Capacity to independently produce documents and correspondence in Romanian and English to professional standards of quality regarding formulation, grammar, orthography and formatting.
- Excellent command of the Romanian and English languages, including speaking, writing, interpretation and translation between these languages, knowledge of Russian an asset.
- Skills and experience in financial management and accounting an asset.
- Result-oriented, reliable worker with attention to detail.
- Good organizer, capable of establishing, maintaining and improving procedures.
- Creative person, with the capacity to find new solutions and think “out of the box” where appropriate.
- Team-oriented person with a pro-active, positive attitude to work with and for others.
- Excellent inter-personal and public communication skills.
- Excellent practical knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point. Skills in graphical work, website management an asset.
Position within the organigram
The Office Manager is directly subordinated to the Team Leader and the Finance and Administration Manager. In function of workload and project necessities, she / he shares and coordinates a number of administrative tasks with the Field and Office Assistant.
To apply: Please download the application form from https://ma-implic.md/index.php/en/news/
Deadline: Applications will be received until 12:00h on July 8th, 2020, electronically in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject line: „Application for Office Manager”. Applications are examined on a rolling basis therefore it is in the interest of all candidates to submit their applications as early as possible.