Terre des hommes Foundation is recruiting a new Head for its Multi-Country Delegation in Eastern Europe (EE MCD), covering operations in Moldova, Romania and Ukraine.
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: One-year, local contract (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable.
Location: Kiev or Bucharest, with occasional travel in the region.
Deadline for application: 05 Jul 2020
We encourage local candidates to apply. Foreign applicants must have a valid permit to work and reside in one of the two countries, Romania or Ukraine.
Terre des hommes Foundation, a member of the International Federation Terre des hommes, is the largest international child rights NGO in Switzerland established over 60 years ago. We operate in over 40 countries with over 100 projects of development aid and emergency impacting over 3 million beneficiaries. We employ 1,500 people, including 130 based at our headquarters in Lausanne. In Europe, our direct assistance projects, strengthening systems and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of access to justice and migration. Terre des hommes has seven offices established in Europe (Hungary, Romania, Greece, Moldova, Ukraine, Albania and Kosovo) and is also engaged in projects with partners from other European countries and beyond.
For more information, please visit https://www.tdh.ch/en(link is external)
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a representative of the Foundation in the region, the Head of Multi-Country delegation leads the strategic positioning and development of Tdh in Eastern Europe.
- Oversee the operational management of Tdh presence in Ukraine, Moldova and Romania and directly supervise the country directors in these intervention areas.
- In collaboration with the regional program team and country managers, leads the strategic design and implementation of Tdh operations in Eastern Europe.
- Develop and guarantee the implementation of the Annual Operational Plans (POA) of the delegation while complying with the strategic planning and the internal processes as budget management, HR and logistics management, operational risk management, quality and accountability.
- In collaboration with regional and country teams, develops and leads the fundraising and partnership strategies for the delegation.
- Oversee the internal and external communication of the delegation.
- Act as liaison between the global HQ and delegation level.
- Ensure the local interventions are aligned with global strategies, policies and standards.
- University degree (master level) from an accredited educational institution in political science, international relations, business or public administration, marketing, law, economics, development or humanitarian studies or a related discipline;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position (managing a delegation).
- Experience of working in a highly collaborative environment with minimal direct supervision in complex regional setting;
- Strong fundraising experience and knowledge of donor mechanisms, notably EC, USAID, UN bodies, SDC etc.
- Expertise in at least one of our priority areas: child protection, migration or/and access to justice.
- Background and interest in innovation will be an asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Fully proficient in writing and editing.
- Fluency in Romanian or/and Ukrainian or Russian will be an asset.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Head of EE MCD, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.