The project ”Technical Assistance to support CSOs development in the R. Moldova”, financed by EU Delegation to the R. Moldova and implemented by a consortium led by KMOP Greece (EuropeAid/138197/DH/SER/MD-Relaunch), is hiring one Junior expert for ad-hoc support to sub-grantees / Technical Support in projects implementation by applying the logical Framework approach.
Pillar I: Technical Assistance for Grant Scheme Implementation
Activity 1.2.2 Building the capacity of sub-grant beneficiaries / 188.8.131.52 Ad-hoc support (help-desk/one to one advice and FAQ) to sub-grantees
The overall objective of the Technical Assistance (TA) contract is to contribute to the development of civil society in becoming a stronger actor, including in actively participating in decision and policy-making and implementation processes of the (European Union) EU-Moldova Association Agreement to enhance domestic accountability and transparency.
One of the components of the project is Technical Assistance to beneficiaries and sub-grantees of the call EuropeAid/152768/DH/ACT. The primary purpose of the actions financed within the grant scheme under the Civil Society Facility is the provision of financial support to third parties. The Call for Proposals was designed in such a way as to allow small, grassroots organisations to cooperate with larger, well-established applicants through the mechanism of financial support to third parties. Grassroots and smaller organisations often lack the capacity to apply directly for EU funding, so the arrangements under the Call gave them access to EU funds, as sub-grantees.
Within the purposes of the TA contract, relevant for the present assignment, are:
-the ensuring of technical assistance to EU grant beneficiaries to implement EU funded projects and to comply with EU rules and procedures and,
-the provision of direct capacity development activities targeting EU grant beneficiaries and their sub-grantees.
The final aim of the assignment is to ensure that the contractual, operational and financial project management of grants/sub-grants complies with the provisions of EU rules and procedures and also the capacity development of the local CSOs.
The TA contract provides individual support to grantees and sub-grantees as deemed appropriate to limit the management’s risks inherent to such activities while also improving CSO management skills, including with EU rules and procedures, monitoring, evaluation and communication requirements
Main tasks of JNKE:
- Providing guidance and ad hoc support to sub-grantees (e.g. help-desk/one to one advice and FAQ) and deliver them practical assistance in the specific fields of the project implementation, such as :
- Working with the project’s logical framework (structure, correct formulation of the scope, objectives and the corresponding activities, working with indicators and targets, sources of verification, etc.)
- Monitoring and evaluation of project implementation based on the indicators given by the logical framework of the project;
- Financial and human resource management of the project;
- Elaboration of financial reports;
- Arrangements for support sessions – vis-a vis, on the spot sessions (in case the epidemiologic situation in Moldova allows) OR online support sessions;
- Maintaining smooth and regular communication with all parties concerned as necessary;
- Answering and processing queries from sub-grantees;
- Collecting and filling in the database with questions and answers from the support sessions;
- File all documents as appropriate, either in physical or electronic form, or both;
- Compiling data and information regarding the progress of sub-grantees action and their needs for support;
- Other related tasks, as required by Team Leader (TL) of the project.
Minimum selection criteria:
- University degree or equivalent higher education diploma in a relevant field for the assignment (Economic, Finance, Law, Social Science, Political Science, International Relations or development, or Human geography) or at least five (5) years of equivalent professional experience above the minimum requirement below;
- At least three (3) years work experience in external aid-funded projects in a managerial position/key area position (such as project manager, project assistant, coordinator, financial manager, sub-grants coordinator, coaching/mentoring/help-desk expert or similar assignments in this field);
- At least two prior assignments for providing guidance and support in the implementation to EU or other donors- funded grants/sub-grants in the form of help desk/coaching/one to one advice or similar;
- Previous work on project implementation by applying Logical Framework Approach (LFA) and financial management is required;
- Previous work experience in EU funded projects in ENI East region countries is desirable, and mainly Moldova will be considered an asset.
Competences – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Good understanding of Project Cycle Management methodologies and tools, and in particular the Logical Framework Approach (LFA);
- Good understanding of EU rules and procedures of monitoring and evaluation of projects by applying Logical Framework indicators;
- Advanced knowledge of projects financial management is a distinguished asset;
- Good understanding of the Moldovan legislation regarding organisation and functioning of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), including labour-related provision, accountancy provisions, human resources management;
- Results-driven and initiative-taking behaviour;
- Able to work autonomously; respect the required confidentiality and ethical rules, and communicate effectively with different entities;
- Proven writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Good command of oral and written English;
- Good command of the Romanian and Russian languages is compulsory;
- Computer literacy, especially Word and Excel;
- Willing to travel to the different project sites in Moldova in case it complies with the epidemic situation.
Input in working days:
40 working days all spent in Moldova (Chisinau and outside Chisinau). JNKE days will be distributed as follows: 1.5 working days per mission (1 day for ad-hoc support visit and 0,5 day for preparation of mission and mission report).
June 2020 – 10th of September 2020
Deadline for application: Sunday, 14th of June 2020
Please send your CVs in EuropeAid format to the following email address: