FAO in partnership with the Government of Moldova is implementing the project “Enabling a policy environment for integrated natural resources management and implementation of an integrated approach to achieve land degradation neutrality in Moldova”. The main project objective is to support and scale up the introduction of innovative climate-smart agriculture practices, and sustainable forest and land management to achieve land degradation neutrality.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, operational and technical oversight of the FAO Representative in Moldova, Lead Technical Officer and Budget Holder in the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU).
Administrative support in operational management, as well as in overall management of the projects
Tasks and responsibilities
· Support financial and administrative actions to ensure smooth project operations
· Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly workplans and preparation of ToR for all inputs;
· Oversee day-to-day implementation of the project in line with the workplans;
· Contribute in the assurance of quality of project activities and project outputs;
· Assist in the organization of regular planning and communication events, starting with inception mission and inception workshop;
· Provide assistance in the preparation and implementation of M&E framework;
· Provide assistance in the preparation and implementation of Project communication and knowledge management frameworks;
· Assist in the preparation of progress reports and all monitoring reports.
· Assist in the coordination project interventions with other ongoing activities, especially those of co-financers and other GEF projects;
· Assist in the management of the projects through monitoring and book-keeping of office expenditures, general administration, set up of filing and archive system, maintenance of inventory system, and other related office management tasks;
· Support in translation of documents and other materials if required
· Other related duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· Master degree in business administration, public administration, finance, economics or related field;
· Minimum three years of experience in project administration and management, or any other related administrative field.
· Familiarity with FAO or other donors’ administrative procedures, strong familiarity with computers and Microsoft Word, Excel;
· Strong ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines;
· Strong drafting and interpersonal skills, honesty, orientation on achievements;
· Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by 15 June inclusive.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org