FAO in partnership with the Government of Moldova is implementing the project “Enabling a policy environment for integrated natural resources management and implementation of an integrated approach to achieve land degradation neutrality in Moldova”. The main project objective is to support and scale up the introduction of innovative climate-smart agriculture practices, and sustainable forest and land management to achieve land degradation neutrality.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Moldova and Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU).
Sustainable natural resources management, climate change, climate-smart agriculture.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Field Specialist provides and channels guidance to local governments and to local communities at demonstration sites.
· Provide capacity development to district/oblast natural resources/agricultural units
· Provide training and awareness raising on INRM (integrated natural resource management)
· Oversee the preparation of participatory and gender-responsive land-use plans, and their implementation at Project demonstration sites
· Lead field-based M&E, together with local communities, of project environmental and socio-economic impacts
· Liaise regularly with provincial government and with PCU and national government;
· Provide regular feedback and advance warning on conflicts, and assist with conflict resolution.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· Master’s Degree in Environment/natural resource management; climate change mitigation and/or adaptation; or other relevant field.
· Demonstrated experience in participatory natural resources management at the local level
· Excellent communication skills, with district/oblast government, national and international experts and local communities
· Demonstrated ability to open up to new approaches and new practices
· Previous experience with international projects is an advantage.
· Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by 15 June inclusive.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org