FAO in partnership with the Government of Moldova is implementing the project “Enabling a policy environment for integrated natural resources management and implementation of an integrated approach to achieve land degradation neutrality in Moldova”. The main project objective is to support and scale up the introduction of innovative climate-smart agriculture practices, and sustainable forest and land management to achieve land degradation neutrality.
The incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Moldova, the technical oversight of the Lead Technical Officer and other Technical Officers in Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU), technical input from FAO HQ Technical Officers and
the programme and administrative supervision of the Budget Holder.
Sustainable natural resources management, climate change, climate-smart agriculture. Overall management and coordination of the project
Tasks and responsibilities
o Manage Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
o Prepare annual and quarterly workplans and prepare ToR for all inputs;
o Ensure all PCU staff and all consultants fully understand their role and their tasks, and support them in their work;
o Ensure effective gender-mainstreaming and the implementation of the gender equality action plan
o Oversee day-to-day implementation of the project in line with the workplans;
o Assure quality of project activities and project outputs;
o Coordinate regular planning and communication events, starting with inception mission and inception workshop;
o Oversee preparation and implementation of M&E framework;
o Oversee preparation and implementation of Project communication and knowledge management frameworks;
o Oversee preparation of progress reports and all monitoring reports.
o Lead interactions with stakeholders
o Liaise with government agencies and regularly advocate on behalf of the Project;
o Coordinate project interventions with other ongoing activities, especially those of co-financers and other GEF projects;
o Facilitate and strengthen collaboration between national project’s stakeholders and regional/international partners to ensure smooth implementation and delivery of project’s activities;
o Regularly promote the project and its outputs and findings on a national, and where appropriate, regional stage.
o Assist in organization and/or participates in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.;
o General management of the project and responsibilities for the implementation of the project at the national level;
o Implements the project in accordance with the approved Project Document and Annual Work Plan and Budget and in compliance with FAO procedures;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· Master’s Degree in Economics; Environment/natural resource management; climate change mitigation and/or adaptation; or other relevant field. Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage.
· At least 5 years of work experience in project implementation, including management of experts’ team in international organizations.
· At least 3 years of experience in relevant areas: land management, climate change, natural resource management, climate smart agriculture, sustainable development.
· At least 3 years of experience in project coordination and management
· Previous experience with international projects is an advantage.
· Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by 15 June inclusive.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org