The project ”Technical Assistance to support CSOs development in the R. Moldova”, financed by EU Delegation to the R. Moldova and implemented by a consortium led by KMOP Greece (EuropeAid/138197/DH/SER/MD-Relaunch) , is hiring 1 (one) Junior non-key expert (JNKE) for supporting Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) through delivering a two-day workshop on efficient fundraising strategies and actions for the local CSOs in order to facilitate their sustainable development.
Activity 2.1 Institutional capacity development of local CSOs / Sub-activity 18.104.22.168. Fundraising strategies for CSOs / Involvement of CSOs in Community
The overall objective of the Technical Assistance (TA) contract is to contribute to the development of civil society in becoming a stronger actor, including in actively participating in decision and policy-making and implementation processes of the European Union (EU)-Moldova Association Agreement to enhance domestic accountability and transparency.
Within the purposes of the TA contract, relevant for the present assignment, are:
- Technical assistance to EU grant beneficiaries to implement EU funded projects and to comply with EU rules and procedures and,
- Monitoring of grant achievements under the Civil Society Facility.
The main purpose of the actions financed within the grant scheme under the Civil Society Facility is the provision of financial support to third parties. The Call for Proposals was designed in such a way as to allow small, grassroots organisations to cooperate with larger, well-established applicants through the mechanism of financial support to third parties. Grassroots and smaller organisations cannot often apply directly for EU funding, so the arrangements under the Call gave them access to EU funds, as sub-grantees.
The consultant is expected to deliver a two-day training workshop on efficient fundraising strategies and actions for the local CSOs in order to facilitate their sustainable development.
The training programme should be designed for the local/rural CSOs and should take into account their possible collaboration with the local/regional authorities. The objectives of the training programme are to capacitate local CSOs for building efficient fundraising strategies and actions.
The overall objective of the workshop and networking event is to enhance the knowledge and skills of local CSOs to better address the needs of their target groups and to become a stronger actor in policymaking and dialogue at local and national levels. It will contribute to CSOs gaining the opportunity to upgrade their services/programmes, effectiveness, and better sustainability of their actions.
The main tasks or the assignment are:
- To develop the training programme based on the needs of the target organizations in consultation with the project team; based on a clear theoretical, normative and methodological framework, which respond to local needs, thus ensuring the sustainability of the competencies formed.
- To deliver the two-day training workshop for the target CSOs in a manner that facilitates the development of the practical skills necessary for the effective operations of the grass-root CSOs in the Republic of Moldova and capitalizing on the best practice achieved and sharing of experience;
- To draw up the report of the training based on the set objectives.
- To systematise and present the FAQs (Frequently asked questions and answers).
The training should cover the following topics:
- Introduction to fundraising, ethical dimensions in fundraising and organizational training;
- Implementation of Fundraising activities within the organization;
- Relationship with donors, fundraising communication channels;
- Fundraising tools and types of donations etc.
- Transparency and accountability of CSOs activities;
Deliverables for CSOs:
At the level of knowledge and understanding, CSOs will be able:
- To define relevant models, forms and techniques to develop Fund Raising (FR) strategies in a domestic and international context;
- To know the role of FR activities at the organizational and societal level;
- To understand the role of transparency and accountability of CSOs;
- To identify target groups of donors, beneficiaries, and fundraising models applicable to the organization.
At the application level, CSOs will be able:
- To respect and apply the ethical and cultural dimensions of the FR;
- To create a fundraising strategy with specific emphasis on the importance of strategic and financial planning and setting fundraising goals;
- To use tools and techniques to pitch and sell donors on projects or ideas;
- To facilitate creative thinking in the context relevant to FR and problem-solving;
- To apply transparency and accountability tools;
Minimum selection criteria:
- University degree or equivalent higher education degree in a relevant field for the assignment (Economics and Finance, Law, Social Science, Communication, Marketing, Political Science, Education or related field) or at least five (5) years of equivalent professional experience above the minimum requirement below;
- At least three (3) years of work experience in his/her area of expertise and relevant to the required task;
- At least three (3) years progressive work experience in capacity development of CSOs;
- Proven skills for delivering trainings in the field of CSOs project proposal writing, fundraising, working with various donors;
- Previous similar work experience with local CSOs;
- Previous work experience in EU funded projects in ENI East countries, including the Republic of Moldova, is an asset.
Competences – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Results-driven and initiative-taking behaviour;
- Able to work autonomously; respect the required confidentiality and ethical rules, and communicate effectively with different stakeholders;
- Proven ability to produce quality outputs and keep deadlines;
- Proven communication and presentation skills;
- Good command of the Romanian and Russian languages is compulsory;
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is an asset
- Computer literacy, especially Word and Excel;
- Willing to travel to the different project sites in Moldova;
Input in working days:
6 working days all spent in Moldova (Chisinau and outside Chisinau), which will be split as follows: 3 working days for preparation of the training program, 2 working days for delivery of training session, 1 working day for reporting.
Estimated timing: June - August 2020
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 11th of June 2020
Please send your CVs in EuropeAid format to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org