The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Investment Promotion within its project “Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government “.
The main responsibility of this position is to promote high value-added investments to Moldova and to coordinate investment promotion activities with regional stakeholders. The work place for this position is in Chisinau. Regular business trips within Moldova will be required.
The following responsibilities are included in the assignment:
- Promotion of high value-added investments in such areas as for example Research and Development, Informational Technologies, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) or Engineering:
- Investment and business lead generation within the priority sectors (proactive identification and contact of potential investors, organisation of and participation in relevant internal and external events);
- Investor servicing (ensuring high-quality and speedy answers to technical and administrative questions raised by (potential) investors, as well as ensuring the referral to adequate entities responsible to provide the information requested; follow up with potential investors and link with other institutions in the areas of investment promotion and business development;
- Post investment and aftercare (supporting existing investors in existing problems and follow up investments).
- Coordination investment promotion activities with regional stakeholders:
-Supporting the capacity development of the regional partners in investment promotion;
-Supporting the regional partners in the main aspects of investment promotion (lead generation, investor servicing, and aftercare).
- Active networking with relevant government, business, and civil society stakeholders, as well as development partners.
- Bachelor and Master Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, IT or other areas relevant for the implementation of described responsibilities;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in a relevant industry in private sector, public institution, international development organization or business association, or in a comparable and relevant position;
- Proven experience in the field of Investment promotion would be an asset;
- Proven experience in the field of marketing or sales would be an asset;
- Work experience in both, Moldovan and foreign companies is a plus;
- Understanding of companies´ mindsets and their investment processes;
- Proven ability to interact with senior managers of international corporations/ organisations and high-level officials;
- Outstanding networking and communication skills;
- A developed professional network within relevant government and industry stakeholders is advantageous;
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of Romanian/Russian and English; knowledge of German would be an asset;
- Very good working knowledge of standard office software;
- Ability to work on individual responsibility but in close cooperation with the team and superior;
- The candidate should possess problem solving skills, the ability to negotiate, be a strong team player, and have initiative;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 02nd of June 2020, time 17:00, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This project is implemented with the financial support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).