Position Title: Procurement Assistant
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Classification: General Staff Category, Grade G-5, UN Salary Scale
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: May 22, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of IOM Mission and direct supervision of the Migration Management Program Officer and with technical supervision from the Administrative Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the effective implementation of project activities as well as providing procurements functions within the project “EU 4 Border Security”.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Responsible for the day-to-day procurement requirements of the project “EU 4 Border Security, as follows:
- Provide support to project staff on procurement functions in accordance with the Organization's policies and procedures.
- Provide procurement and logistics services for the project activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of procurement plans for all project related activities.
- Organize procurement processes including preparation and conduct of request for quotation, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of the contracts in full compliance with the IOM’s requirements and procedures and in close coordination with Administrative Coordinator.
- Coordinate and follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery of purchased goods, services in accordance with purchase order specifications.
- Ensure that all deliveries or similar actions made by the vendors are properly documented. Maintains accurate records of all tenders, quotations and activities taken in association with all procurement.
- Receive, inspect, verify and tag all incoming equipment, goods and supplies and schedule deliveries to end users.
- Support, including from logistics perspective, organisation of seminars, trainings, meetings, study visits and other events on issues related to migration management.
- Assisting local experts commissioned by IOM for the purposes of the project;
- Assisting in implementation of the project “EU 4 Border Security”, including but not limiting to assisting with planning, preparing, organizing, implementing and following up on the activities;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Procurement and Logistics or related field with at least three years of relevant professional experience; or,
- High school degree with at least five years of relevant professional experience;
- Specialized trainings in procurement and logistics will be an advantage.
- Experience in field of procurement and logistics.
- Work experience in multinational companies or international organizations; experience in international vendor sourcing and contract negotiation, experience in electronic procurement.
- Experience working with UN, IGO's, international NGO’s would be an advantage.
- Experience in the field of project administration will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of SAP/PRISM is an advantage.
- Excellent level of computer literacy.
Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.:
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those candidates who have already applied in response to earlier advertisement will be automatically considered and do not need to apply again.
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 22 May 2020, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 12.05.2020 to 22.05.2020