Terre des hommes Foundation is seeking to recruit a Deputy Director for Romania
Start date: as soon as possible
Contract: one year, local (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable.
Salary: ranging EUR 1500-1700 net depending on skills and experience (paid in local currency).
Location: Bucharest with travel to other locations within Romania where Tdh implements activities.
Deadline for receiving applications: 1st of May 2020
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND ROMANIA
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In Romania, Terre des hommes (Tdh Ro) has been active since 1992. For the past few years, the delegation has been working on three main intervention areas: (1) Strengthening child protection and juvenile justice systems, (2) Protection of children affected by migration/trafficking, and (3) Social inclusion of minorities. Every year thousands of children and their families benefit from projects implemented either at a national or regional level.
The Deputy Director (DD) will be responsible for supporting the strategic development and implementation of the Terre des hommes programs in Romania. The Deputy Director reports directly to the Head of Eastern Europe Delegation (Romania, Moldova, Ukraine), advises and assists her in the definition of programs, projects, operational and institutional strategies in line with Tdh’s global, regional strategy and policies. He/she is responsible for leading the advocacy strategy and partnerships of Tdh in Romania as well as in representing the organization in strategic meetings and events as required. The DD has direct management responsibility and supervision over the program staff based on the organization’s organigram. Additionally, the DD oversees the overall financial and administrative management of the delegation.
- To lead and oversee Tdh Romania implementation of the country and regional strategy, overall projects coordination, planning and monitoring;
- To represent Tdh Romania with partners, donors and in advocacy, networking events;
- To lead the advocacy activities for migration, juvenile justice and child protection;
- To contribute and lead in some occasions in writing project proposals and support fundraising efforts;
- To be up to date with the political situation in the country and follow closely the implementation of the government agenda on child protection, migration, juvenile justice, social inclusion, and other related topics;
- In charge of ensuring quality control of all public and internal documents, communication tools and strategies to promote the work of Tdh and its partners;
- In charge of the overall financial and budget management of projects under Head of EE Delegation supervision including quality control, operational budget piloting (monitoring, forecasting, anticipating and proposing changes) and follow-up;
- To organize and facilitate quarterly program review and lead or contribute to the organization of various staff meetings, working groups, planning events, etc.;
- To contribute to the strengthening of knowledge management efforts and overseeing research elements and projects;
- To promote synergy and team building within Tdh Romania, and to work with the Head of EE Delegation and HR for defining and reviewing the best team architecture and training possible, to ensure team coherence;
- To contribute to the M&E system, development and implementation.
- University degree (Master’s or equivalent) from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field;
- Strong expertise in the field of child rights and child protection; knowledge of migration, juvenile justice and social inclusion programs;
- Minimum 5 years of management experience preferably with an international organization;
- Strong team leadership qualities;
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills)
- Capacity to work independently and under pressure;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English (C1). Romanian language knowledge is a must.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Deputy Director, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.