Organisation: Center "Resonance" with support of UNICEF
Type: international individual consultancy
Duration: May 2020 – August 2020 (31 working days)
Location: city of Tiraspol and nearby locations
Deadline for submission: 3 May 2020.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The purpose of this consultancy is to inform the counterparts from Transnistrian Region on the level of compliance of the existing training programs for in-service and pre-service professionals working with children in contact with law (offenders, victims and witnesses) with international standards and application of child friendly approach in the Transnistrian Region of Moldova, and develop new curriculum for these professionals.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The overall objective of the consultancy is to conduct, preferably by the end of August 2020, an assessment of the existing educational and other training programmes for law social protection students (pre-service) and for judges, prosecutors, police and social workers (in-service professionals) in the field of justice for children and application of child friendly approach and development of separate modules for education of such professionals, with the following specific objectives:
- Assessing existing educational and other training programmes for acting juvenile police inspectors, investigators, judges, prosecutors, social assistants (in-service professionals) in the field of justice for children and application of child friendly approach;
- Assessing existing educational and other training programmes for law students and students of social specialization (pre-service) in the field of justice for children and application of child friendly approach;
- Assessing relevant educational institutions, their capacity to conduct educational and training programmes for professionals respecting child friendly approach;
- Assessing educational programmes for the staff of the specialized institutions for children in-conflict with law who did not reach the minimum age of criminal liability;
- Developing a set of recommendations for improving institutional and educational framework;
- Based on the assessment done above, develop curriculum or separate modules to be integrated in the current curriculum for education of pre-service and in-service professionals (together with national consultant).
Tasks for the consultant will be discussed and planned in consultation with Centre “Resonance” and UNICEF. The findings and recommendations of the assessment will be an important source of information for improving institutional and educational framework tailored to the needs of children in contact with law.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree or equivalent (5-year university education) in Public Administration, Social Policy, Law, Human Rights, Pedagogy or another relevant field;
- At least five (5) years of proven professional experience as a researcher/ evaluator of projects/ policies/ structures, formulation of sector plans, planning of programmes and coordination of research work;
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of international human rights law. Knowledge of children’s rights would be a strong asset;
- Previous work in elaboration of curriculum or with academia background will be an asset;
- Fluency in English;
- Good knowledge in Russian is a strong asset.
The candidate is expected to submit:
- Technical proposal reflecting:
- Relevant professional and/or research/academia experience (max 300 words);
- Proposed approach and methodology (max 1,500 words), including:
- Timeline and milestones;
- Risk and mitigation measures;
- Ethical considerations and how the Consultant will address them;
- Annex: Short Sample or links to related work (including analytical papers) previously conducted by the Consultant.
Detailed Curriculum Vitae with relevant information will be attached to the Technical proposal.
Technical evaluation will be performed through a desk review of applications, and if necessary, may be supplemented by an interview.
- Financial proposal which shall indicate total budget estimated in US$, as well as a detailed breakdown of budget items as follows:
- Daily, all-inclusive consultancy fee, multiplied with working days as provided by the deliverables table;
- Any other applicable costs, fees, expenditures.
All the costs for international and local travel, accommodation and meals will be ensured by the “Resonance” Centre and should not be included in the financial proposal.
DEADLINES AND OTHER CONDITIONS FOR SUBMITIONS
Deadline for submitting bids – May 3, 2020.
Incomplete bids will not be considered for evaluation.
Please find detailed ToR for international consultancy here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12UyV_mPjfDXyKTQnMSNKPPd8cZxrA4Tc/view