Project Officer on gender-responsive family policies
Call to Action
- Are you passionate about gender equality, demographic changes and gender-responsive family policies?
- Are you excelling in promoting gender transformative approaches in private sector and / or Government?
- Are you a talented project manager who continuously strives to improve business processes?
- Are you a solution-oriented person capable to produce high-level results in a short-period of time?
- Are you a team player capable of working with colleagues of widely diverse backgrounds?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
UNFPA in cooperation with Austrian Development Agency has launched the regional project “Expanding Choices: Gender-Responsive Family Policies for the Private Sector in the Western Balkans and Moldova”. The project is implemented by UNFPA Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia and Country Offices from Moldova, Albania and Kosovo. The regional project aims to expand choices for women so that they can fulfill their career, family and fertility aspirations.
The specific objectives are twofold: 1) the private sector champions and implements gender-responsive family policies, in the workplace and 2) governments actively promote and implement gender-responsive family policies.
The Project Officer on gender-responsive family policies contributes to the effective and efficient implementation of the Project “Expanding Choices: Gender-Responsive Family Policies for the Private Sector in the Western Balkans and Moldova” funded by the Austrian Development Agency and implemented by UNFPA Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia and Country Offices from Moldova, Albania and Kosovo.
This project will engage both private sector and government in implementing policies at the national level and in the workplace that enable women and men to reach both their career aspirations and fertility intentions and will be complemented by the Generations and Gender Programme, implemented by UNFPA Moldova and funded by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Social Protection.
Specifically, the project will focus on the following four areas: 1) work with the private sector to promote gender-responsive family policies by raising awareness with companies and working with champion companies; 2) work with the government to commit to gender-responsive family policies; 3) create an enabling environment for gender equality so that family policies can thrive; and 4) build the evidence base and sharing of best practices to further scale this work.
Project Officer on gender-responsive family policies will work with UNFPA Moldova CO, Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection, as well as 5-7 private sector ‘champion’ companies, and will be leading day-to-day management, including financial and administrative coordination of the project. Your primary responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the results specified in the project document, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree (minimum Masters or equivalent) in demography, sociology, social work, gender equality, phycology, public policies or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 4 years of relevant professional experience at the national or international level in the field of gender equality, demography, social development, public policy or sociology.
- Previous experience in social or public policy, with focus on gender-responsive family policies, policy design, cost-benefit analysis, promotion of gender equality, economic implications of social changes and development would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for an NGO, governmental institution or donor organization.
- Previous experience in working with private sector and / or on developing gender transformative programmatic approaches and communication strategies on gender equality issues would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 24 February 2020.
Vă place portalul CIVIC.MD? Vă invităm să contribuiți lunar cu suma de 1 Euro pentru menținerea portalului.
Click AICI pentru a contribui lunar (Card Bancar sau PayPal)
Toate serviciile comerciale oferite de portal până recent au fost suspendate. Dacă reușim să acoperim minimul necesar din aceste contribuții - toate spațiile pentru bannere vor fi oferite gratuit organizațiilor necomerciale sau agenților economici cu puternice elemente de responsabilitate socială. Absolut toate serviciile vor fi gratuite!
Sperăm că vă veți alătura!