Terms of Reference for the recruitment of a Programme Monitoring Officer for Eastern Europe
A. Presentation ERIKS Development Partner
ERIKS is a Swedish NGO, based on Christian and humanitarian values, founded in 1967. ERIKS is a child rights organisation that carries out development projects in partnership with around 60 local partners spread out in 16 countries. Apart from the head office in Sweden ERIKS’ also has four regional offices in Eastern Europe, East – and West Africa and South-east Asia. ERIKS’ vision is a transformed world where children’s dreams come true. Primary focus of interventions concern education, health and protection. In Europe, ERIKS is working in three countries: Romania, Moldova and Belarus. In Romania the work is primarily focusing on social inclusion of Roma in the areas of education, health and protection. In Moldova ERIKS supports projects that are focusing on adolescents’ health, education and protection for vulnerable groups of children and in Belarus ERIKS supports interventions targeting integration and de-institutionalization of children and youths with disabilities or in conflict with the law.
B. Outline of the position
The main responsibility for management of ERIKS’ support to interventions implemented by local partner organizations in Europe lies with the Regional Office for Eastern Europe, located in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. In order to strengthen the monitoring of the programmatic aspects of the support, ERIKS is now searching for a Programme Monitoring Officer (PMO) to be based in its Regional Office for Eastern Europe. The assignment of the Programme Monitoring Officer (PMO) consists of regular monitoring of the interventions supported by ERIKS, capacity building of the implementing partner organizations and networking. The position is full-time and the PMO will be based in Cluj-Napoca, together with Regional Manager and Financial Monitoring Officer. The PMO will have supervising responsibilities in all three countries in Europe. The PMO will take up duty during the spring of 2020 or as per agreement.
C. Job description
The PMO will:
- Be well acquainted with the rules and procedures of ERIKS and convey them to the implementing partner organizations.
- Contribute to the elaboration of an efficient reporting and monitoring system of the interventions supported by ERIKS in the region.
- Analyse the regular reports submitted by the implementing partners.
- Write reports for periodical operational assessments of the implementing partner organizations.
- Make field visits to the sites of the current interventions and write field reports.
- Monitor the implementation of recommendations given to the implementing partners.
- Supervise compliance with agreements and contracts signed between ERIKS and the implementing partners.
- Analyse the project proposals submitted by the implementing partner organizations.
- Elaborate TORs for mid-term reviews and final evaluations and identify consultants for their execution.
- Evaluate the implementing partner organizations’ capacity building needs and function as advisor and mentor.
- Develop networking between implementing partner organizations, peer NGOs and national networks and authorities.
- University degree in project administration and management, development, social sciences, Human Rights, sociology or equivalent.
- Professional experience in project design and management.
- Professional experience in the field of project monitoring/evaluation in an international agency or a national NGO.
- Understanding of Human/Children’s Rights and experience in Child Rights Programming.
- Work experience in Institutional Fundraising.
- Well acquainted with the following computer software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- High capacity in reading, writing and communicating in English. Knowledge of Russian is seen as a merit.
- Well informed about the development context in the three countries of intervention.
- Ability to work independently and in team.
- Attitude of listening, initiative and creativity.
- Interpersonal competence and ability to maintain good partnership relations.
- Capacity to work with national and international organizations, authorities and various management structures.
- Capacity to gather, summarize and present information in a professional and convincing way.
- Aptitude for planning, foresight and problem solving.
- Capacity to work under pressure and time limits.
E. Conditions for employment
- Share the basic values, the vision and the mission of ERIKS.
- Determined to develop and maintain the good image of ERIKS.
- Be a person of excellent integrity and decline every form of corruption and mismanagement of funds.
- Available to make frequent field missions in the three countries concerned.
The application file, consisting of detailed Curriculum Vitae and a Motivation Letter is to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2020. Professional references and academic documents will be required when/if called for an interview.
For more information concerning the position and recruitment, please contact Cezar Gavriliuc, Regional Manager Eastern Europe, email@example.com
Ref to ERIKS Development Partner website for more information about our work: www.eriksdevelopment.org
Vă place portalul CIVIC.MD? Vă invităm să contribuiți lunar cu suma de 1 Euro pentru menținerea portalului.
Click AICI pentru a contribui lunar (Card Bancar sau PayPal)
Toate serviciile comerciale oferite de portal până recent au fost suspendate. Dacă reușim să acoperim minimul necesar din aceste contribuții - toate spațiile pentru bannere vor fi oferite gratuit organizațiilor necomerciale sau agenților economici cu puternice elemente de responsabilitate socială. Absolut toate serviciile vor fi gratuite!
Sperăm că vă veți alătura!