The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities): The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Security Guard. The main purpose of this role is to provide the first line of physical security to the mission.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure the physical security of the Embassy, including that of its staff, visitors and assets;
- Secure the Embassy compound and its buildings, carrying out regular security sweeps;
- Unlock and lock the Embassy outside office hours.
Static duties from the guard house:
- Act as first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries;
- Liaising between reception, staff and visitors;
- Monitor CCTV and security systems;
- Responding to emergencies and incidents.
- Patrol the Embassy compound and its perimeter;
- Carry out security checks on visitors and vehicles entering the Embassy compound;
- Carry out Health & Safety tasks as directed by the Security Manager.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proficient user in both Romanian and Russian (both written and spoken);
- Good level of spoken English language skills;
- At least 1 year of previous working experience in the Security field or in a customer facing role;
- Reliability and flexibility to work overtime as required;
- Ability to work in a team, responds flexibly to changing circumstances and deadlines;
- Excellent health and physical condition;
- Must be able to deal with visitors and members of the public politely and fairly;
- Basic IT skills: Outlook, MS Word.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- First aid skills would be an advantage;
- Previous experience as a security guard in a Diplomatic Mission would be a plus.
Required competencies: Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline:17 February 2020
Type of Position: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week: 35
Country: Republic of Moldova
Type of Post: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary (MDL): 11,429 gross
Start Date: 23 March 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment: This is a full-time permanent position of 35 hours (net) per week. The gross monthly salary is 11,428.80 MDL payable in 12 equal instalments.
All applicants must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Republic of Moldova and be prepared to ensure that right remains the scope of the contract.
The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Chisinau are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
To Aplly click HERE
Vă place portalul CIVIC.MD? Vă invităm să contribuiți lunar cu suma de 1 Euro pentru menținerea portalului.
Click AICI pentru a contribui lunar (Card Bancar sau PayPal)
Toate serviciile comerciale oferite de portal până recent au fost suspendate. Dacă reușim să acoperim minimul necesar din aceste contribuții - toate spațiile pentru bannere vor fi oferite gratuit organizațiilor necomerciale sau agenților economici cu puternice elemente de responsabilitate socială. Absolut toate serviciile vor fi gratuite!
Sperăm că vă veți alătura!