The project ”Technical Assistance to support CSOs development in the R. Moldova”, financed by EU Delegation to the R. Moldova and implemented by a consortium led by KMOP Greece, is hiring one International Senior Non Key Expert on Exit Strategy and Sustainability.
Pillar I: Technical Assistance for Grant Scheme Implementation
Activity 1.1. Technical Assistance to Grant Beneficiaries
The Expert will be recruited by the KMOP-led Consortium of the EU-funded (EuropeAid) project in the Republic of Moldova entitled “Technical Assistance to support CSO development in the Republic of Moldova”, (EuropeAid/138197/DH/SER/MD-Relaunch).
The overall objective of the Technical Assistance (TA) contract is to contribute to the development of civil society in becoming a stronger actor, including in actively participating in decision and policy making and implementation processes of the EU-Moldova Association Agreement with the aim of enhancing domestic accountability and transparency.
Within the purposes of the TA contract, relevant for the present assignment is Pillar I: Technical Assistance for Grant Scheme Implementation, dealing with the smooth implementation of the EU Civil Society Grant Scheme. Through this Pillar, the necessary set of skills and capacities will be developed among both grant scheme beneficiaries and sub-grantees and appropriate monitoring and reporting mechanisms will be put in place along with the introduction of sound communication and visibility arrangements. The sustainability of the Grant Action is of the upmost importance for the further development of civil society landscape in Republic of Moldova.
The main objective of the assignment is to draft the exit strategy and develop the sustainability plan for Civil Society Facility 2015 in the Republic of Moldova. The Strategy should refer to all four projects implemented in the framework of Civil Society Facility 2015, namely the Service contract “Technical Assistance for Supporting the Civil Society in Republic of Moldova” (EuropeAid/138197/DH/SER/MD-Relaunch) and also the three Grant projects implemented in the framework of the EU-funded project “Support to Civil Society in the Republic of Moldova” (EuropeAid/152768/DD/ACT/MD), led by East European Foundation Moldova, SOROS Moldova and Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS).
Main tasks of the Senior Non Key Expert are the following:
- To review related documentation of projects related to activities and outcomes;
- To carry out an initial assessment for each project in terms of sustainability and proposed further actions;
- To conduct interviews with all interested actors and based on the findings define the Exit Strategy and Planning of Sustainability Actions;
- To draft the Exit Strategy in the Context of Civil Society Facility 2015 in the Republic of Moldova and CSO Road Map 2020 for the Republic of Moldova;
- To draft the way forward: lessons learned and recommendations for follow-up actions;
- To present the drafted Exit Strategy and Planning of Sustainability Actions to CSOs and to the EU Delegation (one-day event);
- To update the draft document following the discussions during the event.
- Higher degree in Economics, International Relations or International development, Political Science, Social Science, or Human Geography;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the civil society sector and management and/or monitoring of EU grant schemes;
- At least 5 years of experience years of experience in participation in international projects and/or institutional capacity development activities;
- Practical experience in drafting of strategic documents
- Prior work experience in experience in ENI East countries and particularly Moldova will be considered an asset;
Competences – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Fluent in oral and written English; knowledge of the Romanian or Russian language will be considered an asset;
- Have excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Input in working days:
19 working days, of which 5 homebased working days and 14 working days spent in Chisinau. The working days spent in Chisinau can be organised in 2 separate missions in Moldova.
The 19 working days can be split as follows:
- 17 w. days for drafting the Exit strategy and sustainability Action Plan (12 w. days in Chisinau and 5 w. days home based).
- 2 w. days spent in Chisinau for the preparation and delivery of an event having as a topic the discussion of the Exit Strategy and Sustainability Action Plan, including final conclusions and recommendations.
March 2020-September 2020
Deadline for application: Monday, 10th of February 2020
Please send your CVs in EuropeAid format to the following email address:
Hostingul si serviciile internet pentru administrarea portalului CIVIC.MD sunt oferite gratuit de compania Starnet