Admin and Procurement Officer
Type of Appointment:
12 months with a possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech Republic-based NGO globally working in the relief and development sectors. It is one of the largest NGO in Central/Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 25 years.
PIN has been working in the Republic of Moldova since 2003, and currently provides development support to the local population in three focus areas: social protection and inclusion, sustainable livelihoods and environment, good governance.
PIN is recruiting an Admin and Procurement Officer to be part of the team of approximately 11 people. Admin and Procurement Officer will be based in Chisinau with occasional business trips to the field. Admin and Procurement Officer will report to Finance Manager or Country Director and have functional link with HQ Accountant and Procurement department in Prague.
B. SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The main task of the Admin and Procurement Officer is overall management of assigned agendas including posting, administration and verification of compliance with PIN policies. S/he also assists to Finance Manager when needed.
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In a collaborative partnership with team members and under the supervision of PIN’s Finance Manager, the Admin and Procurement Officer is responsible for overall office administration, financial documentation, procurement, accountancy and reporting.
In particular, the Admin and Procurement Officer shall work on:
Financial/HR documentation and Accountancy (In Navision/ ELO)
- Monitoring, whether all Financial Documents, Invoices and cash settlements on assigned cash box are in line with PIN procedures and policies as well as local legislation/rules;
- Maintain payroll of all employees incl. posting to NAVISION and 1C, processing of payments and follow-up with all changes in respect to amendments and/or terminations;
- Oversee preparation of HR related documents, especially contracts and amendments;
- Ensure all HR related documents are stored in hard copies as well as in soft copies;
- Oversee preparation, collection, updating and archiving of attendance sheets, leaves overview, contact list;
- Posting and linking of advances, invoices, creation/modification of vendor cards;
- Monthly posting of bank statements for accounts and linking with invoices;
- Work with HQ accountant – work on corrections according to comments from HQ accountant, cooperation for problem resolving and quarterly, yearly closure;
- Uploading and archiving contracts into ELO and hard copies physically into the folders;
- Archiving all tasked related documents into folders according to PIN archive method;
- Providing assistance to Finance Manager according to assigned tasks;
- Assisting in processing all Service Providers invoices generated on monthly basis for the mission;
- Upload invoices and other financial documentation in ELO, run approval workflow, assure that attachments are complete and clear, check linkage of invoice to contract, check linkage to tender if applicable.
- Responsible for overseeing CP procurement, planning and launching proper procurement procedures, and helping with irregular situations as they arise during the tendering process;
- Manage tender preparation (supported by respective Project Manager) and tender execution and general support to all the procurement matters within the range of PIN work in Moldova;
- Participate as a member of Evaluation Committee for tenders;
- Ensure compliance with procurement procedures and have a final responsibility for proper execution;
- Consult potential exemptions with HQ (PO/Desk Officer);
- Provide guidance to other team members on Procurement procedures in relation to managing tenders/ procurement;
- Responsible for timely delivery and preparation of Annual Procurement Plans;
- Assure economic and adequate purchases for office needs according to PIN and donor procurement rules;
- Identify suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in support of program implementation in accordance with donors and PIN procurement guidelines;
- Communication and negotiation with overhead suppliers (preparation and signing of contracts, checking expiry of contracts, contract extensions, deal with occurring problems/requests, timely gathering of documentation);
- Implement procurement: preparation of quotations, tenders, market surveys, gathering them and uploading into ELO. Purchases of projects’ items and services.
D. KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Relevant work experience in finance or procurement department with focus on office administration processes;
- Fluency in English and Romanian languages. Russian communication skills are a strong advantage;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and high computer literacy is required;
- Highly organized & attentive to small details;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- A strong sense of integrity and willingness to pass the knowledge to others.
E. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
The position is required for 12 months, with possible extension and expected start in March 2020.
F. SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: 28 vacation days, up to 3 sick days, access to PIN education opportunities in the area of Finance and Procurement (trainings, webinars and online tools), work laptop.
G. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and use subject heading: Ref: Admin and Procurement Officer.
Deadline for applications: February 14, 2020, by COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls please.