Chemonics International, Inc. seeks a Environmental and Grants Compliance Coordinator for the USAID Moldova High Value Agriculture Activity (HVAA). This five-year project aims to further stimulate the transformation of the Moldovan high-value agricultural (HVA) sector into an engine of economic growth for the country leading to improved competitiveness and higher living standards for rural Moldovans in the long term. Moldova HVAA is implemented by USAID contractor Chemonics International, Inc.
This position is anticipated to be carried out through September 2021. The expectation is that this will be a full-time position that will assist project needs for grants monitoring and administration, as well as environmental compliance and monitoring, however a part-time position that will only focus on environmental compliance may be considered. Candidates are encouraged to indicate their interest in a fulltime position, part-time position, or availability for environmental consulting in their application e-mail.
Working under direction and supervision of the HVAA Grants and Operations Director, and after receiving appropriate training, the Environmental and Grants Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that project activities and materials are in compliance with relevant Moldovan legislation and USAID environmental regulations and procedures; provide environmental management, monitoring, and training support to HVAA project partners and beneficiaries; ensure that potentially adverse environmental impacts are identified and that appropriate environmental mitigation measures are developed and implemented; monitor technical and administrative progress of grantees; and assist with grants administration and compliance documentation. It is anticipated that the Coordinator’s primary duties will focus on environmental compliance, but the individual shall also have grants-related duties that may take precidence as determined by seasonal workflow. The Environmental and Grants Compliance Coordinator will liaise with all HVAA programs and teams in the performance of these duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Principal environmental compliance tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Implement procedures to ensure HVAA meets or exceeds requirements of the HVAA Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) and Pesticide Evaluation Report and Safer Use Action Plan (PERSUAP);
- Ensure that required environmental compliance documentation is prepared for all relevant project activities, particularly including grants, during the pre-award phase and throughout grant activity implementation; As required by the IEE, conduct site visits to prepare site activity reports describing the site and planned activities, documenting any potential environmental concerns and developing an Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP);
- Carryout an environmental orientation with project grantees, and coordinate or provide training on EMMP implementation, equipping grantees with the tools and resources to succeed;
- Continuously inform project staff on environmental compliance and procedures;
- Provide or coordinate support to project implementers/partners and project beneficiaries on environmental best practices and procedures;
- Support and oversee the implementation of the environmental mitigation and monitoring measures;
- Conduct or coordinate site visits to verify EMMPs are implemented properly and assist with overall technical monitoring of grants, in some cases directly managing grant activities;
- Recommend, arrange for, and work with local and international experts/consultants with specialized competencies related to environmental compliance;
- Travel to project locations throughout Moldova to perform the duties described above;
Principal grants compliance tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Carryout site visits during pre-award risk assessments and throughout grant implementation, and develop monitoring reports to inform technical specialists and grants managers about progress;
- Assist with pre-award risk assessments, reference checks, and budget verifications during grant pre-award process;
- Develop specifications for technical procurements, and assist with procurement efforts and delivery inspections as necessary;
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation data collection and processing as necessary;
- As requested, assist with administrative documentation, such as drafting memorandum of negotiations, grant agreements/annexes, closeout documentation, and pre-award risk assessments;
- Grantee budget negotiation;
- Financial documentation review, verification, and payment package preparation;
- Translate documents into English, Romanian, and Russian.
In addition to the tasks specified above, the Coordinator shall maintain a high level of flexibility and willingness to accomplish other tasks assigned by the Grants and Operations Director or other HVAA leadership.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily after receiving training from HVAA. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties:
- University degree;
- The ideal candidate will be a highly flexible individual that is able to multi-task and manage a wide portfolio of activities—the ideal professional would have a positive attitude, recognizing that no job is too big or too small;
- Experience working in the agricultural sector, an educational background in agriculture, or previous exposure to agricultural activities is preferred—a willingness to learn is required;
- Experience with grant and/or environmental compliance, preferred—a willing to learn is required;
- Willingness and ability to travel to all regions of Moldova regularly as required;
- Proven ability to work professionally and constructively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in challenging environments;
- Ability to problem-solve, work in a team-environment, think creatively, and maintain a high level of flexibility to meet project objectives;
- Romanian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent writing (the position will require extensive writing and documentation in English language) and presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), e-mail (Microsoft Outlook).
Application letter with a CV should be sent in English to HVAARecruitment@chemonics.com. The deadline for submission is February 9, 2020 but early applications will receive priority review. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Chemonics International, Inc. (www.chemonics.com) is a U.S.-based international consulting firm providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries since 1975.
Vă place portalul CIVIC.MD? Vă invităm să contribuiți lunar cu suma de 1 Euro pentru menținerea portalului.
Click AICI pentru a contribui lunar (Card Bancar sau PayPal)
Toate serviciile comerciale oferite de portal până recent au fost suspendate. Dacă reușim să acoperim minimul necesar din aceste contribuții - toate spațiile pentru bannere vor fi oferite gratuit organizațiilor necomerciale sau agenților economici cu puternice elemente de responsabilitate socială. Absolut toate serviciile vor fi gratuite!
Sperăm că vă veți alătura!