Title: Renovation of the public lighting system in the Borogani community - extended deadline
Tender identification number: FY20-CM-BO (01)
Launch date: July 24, 2020, 17:00 (GMT+2:00)
Deadline: August 26, 2020, 10:00 (GMT+2:00)
Category: Construction works
Comunitatea Mea Program, a program administered by the International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX) and funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID), invites competent and experienced contractors for the construction/ renovation of the public lighting system in the Borogani village, Leova raion.
Scope of Work: This project will entail the renovation of the street lighting system, consisting of renovation/extension of 5.1 km of the lighting system, and installation of 163 lighting fixtures (LED type, wattage 30W and 55W), 5.1 km of cables and 22 lighting poles. The estimated period for the completion of the works is maximum six (6) months. Detailed technical information, including specifications and drawings are provided in the Bidding Documents below.
Project Amount: MDL 1,025,900 based on cost estimate of the designer. The amount has been calculated applying value added tax (VAT) zero (0%). In no event IREX will consider proposals that are 5% above the estimated project amount.
Timeline for Bids Submission (all mentioned times are local, Chisinau time):
- Interested Bidders must register their firms by 17:00, August 25, 2020 by filling out the Registration Form and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IREX will not organize a Project Site Visit to Borogani. Interested Bidders are still encouraged to visit the site on their own, if deemed necessary, and inspect the location of the Project Site as detailed on the drawings. Precise locations of the street lighting to be installed can be found in the drawings.
- If the Bidders have questions or clarifications, they can submit the questions or clarifications to email@example.com until 17:00 on August 24, 2020 indicating the tender number in the subject title.
- IREX will respond in writing to any request for clarifications, provided that such request is received no later than 17:00, on August 24, 2020.
- Bids must be received by IREX not later than 10:00, August 26, 2020. Applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered.
Bid submission: Bid proposals can be submitted electronically only. Offers received by fax will be rejected. Financial offers shall be made in MDL (Moldovan Lei). Detailed information regarding the submittal of the bids is presented in the Bidding Documents. No appeal against contract decision award is allowed.
- Documents/bid proposals sent electronically need to be addressed to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org not later than deadline mentioned in the timeline above. If the electronic files are more than 25 MB, the Bidder may submit the Technical and Financial Offer by saving the files on one of the file sharing platforms such as Google Drive, OneDrive, or DropBox, etc. and submitting a link to email@example.com
- IMPORTANT: For electronic submission, in order to secure the secrecy of the financial bid, please archive the financial offer into an encrypted zip file. DO NOT SEND THE PASSWORD with your original electronic submission, but instead save it securely and send the zip file. The password shall be requested by IREX for successful technical offers after the technical evaluation will be complete and final records of the technical score have been made. The financial offers that were not password protected, IREX will still consider and protect their secrecy but at least 1 (one) person from IREX would be able to access the file and this will be considered acceptable by the bidder.
Bid Security: The Bidder must furnish as part of its bid, a bid security of 2% from the total estimated project amount as specified above. Details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
Evaluation of the Bid Proposals: IREX will consider a combination of technical score and financial score, with a ratio of 50-50. Detailed criteria and formulas are provided in the Bidding Documents.
Please go to https://tender.md.irex.org/ro/info for more information
By applying to this Tender, the Bidder agrees and accepts all conditions and rules, listed in this Bidding Documents. Bidders shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of their bids and contract negotiation. Comunitatea Mea will in no case be responsible or liable for those costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the tender. Participation of Bidders in this Tender will not generate any IREX obligations toward any Bidder. Comunitatea Mea reserves the right to accept or reject any bid that does not conform with the requirements of the bidding documents or to annul the entire tender process and reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to any Bidder. All personal data are for the internal use of IREX and confidentiality is guaranteed.