CNFA is a non-profit international development organization based in Washington D.C. CNFA is currently implementing the USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer project in Moldova. As a part of project activities, CNFA is seeking the services of a local Moldovan legal counsel to provide support to its beneficiary organization, MOVCA (Moldovan Organic Value Chain Alliance) in its efforts to produce a draft for a revised Moldovan Law on Organic Agriculture that would be harmonized with the European Union (EU) regulations.
Note: Please download the full text of the Request for Proposals here: http://bit.ly/2T0YVuz
Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than March 15, 2020, 23:59 Moldova time. Offers must be submitted by emailing the offer to the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. CNFA Moldova will accept and analyze offers on a rolling basis (first in – first analyzed, not waiting for the deadline to start evaluation process). We encourage offerors to submit their applications as soon as they are ready, not waiting for the deadline date.
Tasks: The selected offeror will provide the following services through desk research, in-person meetings in Moldova, phone calls, and in writing as requested by CNFA:
- Conduct desk research of existing documents that are relevant to the current Moldovan Law on Organic Agriculture and existing EU regulations, such as the current Moldovan law, the EU Regulation 848, and materials developed by MOVCA, such as minutes of the meetings and surveys that are relevant to revisions needed in the current law – around 100 pages of materials.
- Conduct a number of meetings with MOVCA to ensure the proposed directions are in line with MOVCA members’ suggestions.
- Work in close cooperation with the legal team of the Moldovan Ministry of Agriculture, Environment, and Rural Development.
- As result of 2 & 3, produce a synthesis document, that would represent the draft of the new organic agriculture law, to be submitted to the State Chancellery and Parliament of Moldova Legal Committee for comments and review.
- If need will arise – edit the document in accordance with the comments received from the State Chancellery and from the Parliament of Moldova Legal Committee
Anticipated Period of Performance: March 20, 2020 through June 1, 2020.