Assignment: Audit services (project audit).
Reporting to: EcoContact, Project Manager
Period of assignment: March 31 – April 10, 2020
Working languages: Romanian, English
The project is aimed at reducing the risks from obsolete and currently used pesticides for the communities from the both banks of river Nistru.
To achieve that the project will be addressing three main aspects:
- raising awareness of key stakeholders (environmental authorities, educational institutions, civil society organizations, local authorities) and level of their knowledge in the area of obsolete and currently used pesticides;
- raising technical capacities in risks identification;
- and improvement of legal framework on pesticides management.
The project will bring in the existing experience in remediation of contaminated territories, support tailoring to local needs the international methodologies of risks identification and their piloting; support the improvement of legal framework in the area. Activities with different target groups from both banks of the river Nistru will help to identify joined interests in the area of chemical safety, facilitate exchange of experience on the technical level and formulate the proposals for joined working groups on confidence building in the area of environment to reduce environment and health risks caused by dangerous substances. To evaluate the
The main objective of the assignment:
The purpose of the assignment is to conduct the audit of the project, that is held at the end of the project period. Financial report that should be audited is covering the period from October 01, 2019 to March 31, 2020 within the project entitled “Enhancing cooperation among the communities from both banks of Nistru river through reduction of pesticide risks in Moldova”.
The Report have to include the Report of the independent auditor (1) according to the standard format ISA 800/805, IFAC and the Management Letter (2). The Management Letter will include the audit findings and the weak issues identified. The documents shall be provided in English and Romanian.
The report on this expenditure verification should describe the purpose, the agreed-upon procedures and the factual findings of the engagement in sufficient detail in order to enable the implementing organization (EcoContact) and the Donor (UK Embassy in Moldova) to understand the nature and extent of the procedures performed by the Auditor and the factual findings reported by the Auditor.
Procedure and Reporting
- The Audit will be carried out during period March 31 – April 10,
- The Audit Report have to contain the goals and methodology of the audit.
- The Report have to include the Report of the independent auditor (1) according to the standard format ISA 800/805, IFAC and the Management Letter (2). The Management Letter will include the audit findings and the weak issues identified. The documents shall be provided in English and Romanian.
- The Audit Report and the Management Letter have to offer comments on the following:
- If were admitted situations of conflict of interest, reported and solved according to the internal principles of PA EcoContact;
- If the procurement process of PA EcoContact is according to the procurement regulation of the PA EcoContact;
- Observations formulated during the audit process and recommended actions;
- Observations on the factual expenditures within the project budget
- Observations on proceeding with the donor rules and regulations (in case applicable).
- The Auditor have to evaluate the financial amount for which the justification documents are absent.
- The Auditor will propose recommendations in the Management letter for the addressing the identified gaps, being presented in the priority order to be solved.
- The measures taken by PA EcoContact for the solving of the identified deficiencies identified in the previous audits have to be indicated in the Report.
- The Report it is signed by the auditor which carry out the audit (title) and the Audit Company.
- The opinion and recommendations of the auditor have to be clearly presented in the Report and in the Management Letter. The Report and the Management Letter will be prepared in Romanian and English and will be presented in the period mentioned in the implementation of assignment.
The Auditor which will carry out the audit (title) and the Audit Company will submit a Declaration of Confidentiality assuming the responsibility for keeping the data and information confidentiality, which they will examine during the audit process.
The Audit is carried out in accordance with international standards issued by the International Federation of Accountants, IFAC or a national standard deemed equivalent.
The Responsibilities of the Beneficiary
PA EcoContact will ensure access to all documents requested by the auditor and will provide the necessary space for the conducting of the audit works.
PA EcoContact will offer all necessary support to the auditor for the facilitation of the audit works.
PA EcoContact will offer a Management Response on the audit conclusions.
- Experience in the domain of minim 5 years;
- Experience in conducting organizational audits for NGOs, financed by national and international organisations;
- Fluent knowledge of Romanian and English at the adequate level to analyse and present, as the Audit Report and the Management Letter have to be presented in English and Romanian.
Structure of the offer:
- Description of the company and arguments for the opportunity of its selection;
- Name of the company, address, contact person and phone number;
- List of organizations for which the audit company carried out audits during the last 5 years;
- Copy of the licence for the audit activities;
- Description of the qualification of the members of the audit team;
- CV-s of the auditor or auditors who will carry out the audit with the list of organisations for which they carried out the audit and a list of 3 reference persons/companies;
- Financial offer.
- The offer has to be submitted in English.
- Presentation of the full set of documents indicated in the Structure of the offer, indicated above;
- Relevant experience in the requested audit, specific to non-governmental organisations in accordance with international standards issued by the International Federation of Accountants, IFAC or a national standard deemed equivalent;
- Qualification of the auditor/auditing team which will carry out the audit;
- The most advantage offer respecting the indicator quality/price.
How to apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Financial Proposal
- Information about the company, with demonstrated capacity to conduct such activities
- Confirmation letter from the company about accepting the period of the assignment and deadline for delivering the audit report.
Documents can pe provided in one of following languages English or Romanian.
Please send the documents with the indication of the Lot in the subject line before January 30, 2020 to the email address of email@example.com
For detailed information, please contact Catalina Arghir, Project Manager, 022 996162