The incumbent performs gardening maintenance and landscaping duties at Embassy Compound facilities and ground areas, ground areas of representational buildings, residential quarters and leased buildings. Enhances the appearance of United States Government properties through planting, landscaping, maintaining or flowering shrubs, plants and other horticultural means.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least one year of experience as a gardener, florist helper, groundskeeper or similar work involving general landscaping and gardening duties is required.
- The incumbent should have good working knowledge of how to plant and take care of plants and flowers, methods of landscaping and grounds keeping, proper use of chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides.
- Must be able to use and take care of motorized equipment and hand/power tools used in grounds keeping maintenance work.
Completion of secondary school is required.
LANGUAGE: Level I (Rudimentary) English is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Romanian and Russian are required. (This will be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to use hand tools and operate motorized equipment and vehicles, such as mowers, sprinklers, fork lift, etc.
- Must be able to physically lift objects including weight up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must have type "B" local driver's license.Must have had driver’s license for a minimum of five years. (This may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.