IREX Europe is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to support human rights and strengthen independent media and media education. The IREX Europe approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
IREX Europe is looking for an experienced Project Manager Consultant based in Moldova for a 3-year project aiming to strengthen Civil Society Organisations (CSOs). The Consultant will be involved at part time (50%) in the project and will be responsible for leading, managing and monitoring the project activities in Moldova, with a strong focus on organisational consultancy and capacity building for CSOs. The position is Moldova-based, with potential for travel in the other countries targeted by the project.
The Project Manager Consultant will be required to work in proactive cooperation with the IREX Europe Project Management team in Lyon, as well as with the Grant Manager Consultant who will also be recruited in Moldova. Co-working space will be provided if required.
- Plan, manage, implement and monitor the project activities in Moldova, with a strong focus on the assessment of CSOs needs and organisational capacity development.
- Proactive involvement in capacity development activities including conducting organisational assessments, mentoring CSOs and training (depending on the skills of the chosen applicant), identification of other capacity development experts and organisation of project activities (CSOs mapping, needs assessment, trainings, evaluation meetings, etc.)
- Coordinate the other capacity building consultants who will support the project activities (organisational assessment, capacity building training, strategic plan implementation support and mentoring, etc.)
- Regularly communicate with the IREX Europe team in France
- Formal education – degree/masters in a relevant field of study (law, human rights, development, project management, social studies, international relations, etc) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least five years’ experience in organisational capacity building, project management and support to CSOs
- A thorough knowledge and network of contacts of civil society organisations in Moldova
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule, with excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Romanian is mandatory, Russian language skills are a strong plus
The consultant will be recruited under a consultancy contract for 34 months, with a start date on 2nd of March 2020. Fees dependent on experience and in compliance with the IREX Europe project consultancy scale.
If you are interested please send a CV and motivation letter to Anne-Katrin Zapryanova (email@example.com) before the 07/02/2020. If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.