Call to Action:
- Are you passionate about data, innovations and demographic changes?
- Are you great at multi-tasking, prioritizing and improving business processes?
- Are you a team player capable of working with colleagues of widely diverse backgrounds?
- Can you deliver the highest possible results in a very short period of time and in challenging circumstances?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Project Administrative and Finance Associate assists in the effective management of the projects under the population and development portfolio.
Specifically, the Project Administrative and Finance Associate will provide necessary support for the projects implemented under the population and development portfolio, including, but not limited to the “Estimation of resident population at sub-national level and institutional support to NBS” project, funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation in Moldova (SDC) and “Improve availability of administrative data for tracking progress of the ICPD agenda in the framework of SDGs” project, financed by the India – UN Development Partnership Fund through UN Office for South-South Cooperation. Both projects are implemented by UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in cooperation with the National Bureau of Statistics.
You will undertake a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities.
You will report directly to the Project Officer.
You will have a key role in ensuring the effective implementation of the activities under the guidance of Project Officer by applying efficiently UNFPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems. It is expected that you maintain collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff from UNFPA CO.
Qualifications and Experience:
University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, public administration, and/or other related areas.
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 (seven) years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions and/or NGOs, is a very strong advantage.
- Knowledge of ATLAS / PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 23 January 2020.