Millennium DPI Partners, LLC is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing the USAID-funded Open Justice Project in Moldova. Open Justice assists the Government of Moldova to improve the efficiency and transparency of the Moldovan judicial system and improve access to justice for citizens of Moldova.
Millennium DPI Partners, LLC, through the Open Justice Project, developed a new Integrated Case Management System (ICMS). The ICMS is an electronic tool for the Moldovan courts to reduce corruption and promote transparency in the justice system. The Open Justice Project includes also activities to advance judiciary reforms, fully apply a sound evaluation and merit-based judicial selection system and other activities to reduce corruption risks, strengthen professionalism and integrity, and hold the judiciary accountable for violations of ethical standards and the law.
To cover the project communication and outreach activities, Millennium DPI Partners, LLC is inviting qualified Moldovan citizens to apply for the position of Communications and Outreach Specialist, to serve on the Open Justice Project, until June 30, 2020.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and publish news, articles and success stories about the major results and the impact of the activities that Open Justice carried out together with its partners;
- Prepare and publish press releases, speeches, presentations, and other materials for senior management;
- Manage, create, and edit all information posted on the thematic website regarding Project activities to guarantee maximum exposure internally and externally;
- Manage and monitor the Project’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram, Vkontakte);
- Contribute to weekly, quarterly and annually reporting regarding the Project’s communication activities;
- Identify gaps in communications, develop/recommend strategies, implement solutions, and present results to management;
- Participate actively in program design and monitoring in collaboration with program staff as assigned;
- Assist program staff with outreach event planning and arrangements;
- Coordinate and communicate with contractors to develop video and written materials on various aspects of judicial reform;
- Coordinate the development of various know your rights and access to justice materials for citizens;
- Manage relations with the press;
- Assist all Project counterparts in external/internal communications and outreach;
- Advise counterparts on publications and provide editorial support and training as required.
- A university degree in communications, journalism or a closely related field;
- At least 3 years-experience in radio, television, print or new media;
- Experience in tailoring communication and writing publications for a wide array of audiences;
- Experience in the design of print and broadcast media outreach materials;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, where factual accuracy and consistency of information is essential;
- A native Romanian language speaker, fluent in English and Russian;
- Previous experience working for a donor-funded project in Moldova is a strong advantage.
- Abilities to:
- Be independent, take initiative, and manage work with limited supervision;
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet stated deadlines;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the organization;
- Work effectively with an increasingly diverse client population.
By Thursday, August 22, 2019, 17:00 hours Chisinau time, interested candidates should send a short cover letter, a CV in English and a list of at least three references to email@example.com, noting “Extended: Communications and Outreach Specialist” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.