Moldova Competitiveness Project financed by USAID, Sweden, and UK aid and implemented by Chemonics International Inc. is a 6-year $28.4 million dynamic Project assisting Moldovan industries with key economic and social significance, namely:
- wine production clustered with tourism,
- light industry (apparel, footwear, and accessories manufacturing),
- information and communications technology (ICT) clustered with creative services sector and precision engineering industry.
MCP seeks a full-time Tourism Industry Manager with proven experience in managing multifaceted tourism activities moving them towards increased competitiveness, strategic positioning, and expanded market linkages. Illustrative activities are listed below. Other relevant activities may be added at the discretion of the Chief of Party, and/or Deputy Chief of Party as circumstances warrant.
- Manage generic participation under the Tree of Life country brand at exhibitions and trade events.
- Assist ANTRIM to increase marketing capacity and develop the internal capacities to coordinate marketing programs and activities.
- Coordinate the implementation of Tree of Life communication and promotion campaigns.
- Coordinate MCP activities related to providing support to tourism facilities and wine tourism hubs.
- Conceptualize and develop Project’s activities, and oversee the implementation of these activities, contributing to activity PR, logistics and administration as needed.
- Identify, select, and supervise local and international short-term consultants, business service providers, and/or grantees that will contribute to the Project’s work within the assisted industries.
- Coordinate and prepare scopes of work (SOW), request for proposals (RFPs) and for quotes (RFQ), purchase orders, and conduct negotiations for awards for services and commodities, etc.
- Develops activities to increase the competitiveness of the fashion industry.
- Manages the Project’s activities to catalyze the development of the sector.
- Support the expansion of trade support for domestic and export markets.
- Develops and consolidates the position of the in-bound tourism industry’s key business association: ANTRIM.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Tourism Management, Project Management, International Relations/Trade and other related fields;
- Excellent Romanian and English language written and oral skills;
- Proven understanding of:
- Industry competitiveness strategies,
- Competitiveness trajectories,
- Markets and competition,
- Development of export tactics.
- Proven ability to think strategically;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with local counterparts including Government, universities, businesses, associations, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to build partnerships between Associations, Governments, foreign companies/partners;
- Project management capabilities – management of grants, subcontracts, budgets of various sizes, timeframes;
- At least two years of experience in project management, international development, and other related fields.
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications by July 26, 2019 via email to email@example.com with the subject line Tourism Industry Manager, and include the following:
- Cover letter outlining in detail their qualifications, previous experience and availability,
- Copy of the University Diploma.
All submissions must be in English. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.