The USAID Local Government Support Project in Moldova (LGSP) is seeking a highly qualified Translator. This four-year project will help to: increase economic and administrative decentralization of local public authorities; consolidate local government functions; and improve fiscal budgeting and management, public service delivery, community planning, and energy efficiency. LGSP is implemented by USAID contractor Chemonics International Inc.
- Provide oral and/or written translations and interpretation during working meetings, training courses, seminars, round tables, conferences, and official events for the Chief of Party, staff, consultants, or project guests as needed. Travel will be required outside of Chisinau, at times overnight stay(s) can be requested according to the project activites.
- Translate proposals, reports, contracts, subcontracts, and other project-related documents from Russian and Romanian into English and vice versa.
At least 3 years of both written and oral translation experience from and into English, Romanian and Russian.
University degree in foreign languages required.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian required.
- Advanced computer skills in using word processing and spreadsheet, as well as electronic communications programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g., tact, diplomacy and patience) in the context of dealing with expatriate and Moldovan staff members, as well as with wider local government, civil society, and donor community.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
Expressions of interest, CVs, and salary history should be sent in English to:
MoldovaLG2012@chemonics.com. The deadline for submission is May 13, 2012, but early applications will receive priority review. This position will be filled immediately. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Chemonics International (www.chemonics.com) is a U.S.-based international consulting firm providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries since 1975.
Ajută-ne să promovăm acest material pe reţelele sociale!
Articole recomandate de prietenii tăi: