Joi, 02 August 2012 08:42
The┬áEuropean Commission under the Thematic Programme for Environment and Sustainable Management of Natural Resources including Energy (ENRTP) has issued this call for┬áproposals to support┬ácivil society efforts in┬ádeveloping countries to address environmental and natural management issues.
The present call will focus on themes that fall under two Priority areas of the Thematic Strategy ENRTP referred to below:
- ENRTP Priority 1: Climate change and sustainable energy
- ENRTP Priority 2: Environment for development
ENRTP Priority 1 / Lot 1: Climate Change mitigation, in particular REDD
The types of actions which are eligible under this lot are the following:
- Actions that support partnerships between civil society and private sector that prevent or reduce deforestation and forest degradation in investments in large scale agricultural commodities.
- Actions that promote independent monitoring by in-country civil society of REDD+ investments and the application of REDD+ safeguards8, based on national best practice where this exists.
- Actions that develop effective links in practice between national FLEGT and REDD+ processes, with regards to stakeholder processes, monitoring, improved┬ágovernance and law enforcement as well as legal reforms.
ENRTP Priority 2 / Lot 2: Biodiversity
Type of actions eligible for financing include:
- Developing legal, policy and institutional frameworks to enable sustainable financing of parks agencies.
- Developing Public-Private-Partnerships or community-run management plans to ensure the long term financial stability of protected areas and green infrastructures.
- Mobilizing private┬áfunding through innovative financial mechanisms by fostering biodiversity entrepreneurship and enabling biodiversity entrepreneurs to experiment, invest and expand creative┬áeconomic activities such as Payment for Ecosystem Services, markets for green products, business biodiversity partnerships, ecotourism and new forms of charity.
- Developing Access and Benefit-Sharing Policy for Protected Areas to help managers maximise the potential gains from biodiversity┬áresearch and prospecting.
ENRTP Priority 2 / Lot 3 Forest Governance and FLEGT
Type of actions eligible for financing:
- Implementation of the EU FLEGT (Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade) Action Plan.
The deadline to submit applications is 25 September 2012. For more information, visit this┬álink.
Ajut─â-ne s─â promov─âm acest material pe re┼úelele sociale!
Articole recomandate de prietenii t─âi: