BASKET FUND 2012-2013 CALL FOR PROPOSAL
Following successful implementation and positive experience of Basket Fund Programme in 2010-2011, European Partnership for Democracy (EPD), together with Ministry of Youth and Sports of Republic of Moldova, is glad to launch a new round of Basket Fund 2012-2013.
The main aim of the Programme is to support projects based on the idea of EU-Moldova Partnership, thus strengthening democracy level, share valuable experience gained from other European transitions to democracy and develop new partnerships.
With regard to this general goal, Basket Fund Programme invites NGOs to apply with short term projects that answer the following criteria:
1. Projects should be based on the idea of EU-Moldovan Partnership. They should be focused on sharing knowledge and experience, favouring exchanges between EU organizations and Moldovan ones, and boosting cooperation between these organizations. In this framework, projects serving as a launching mechanism for longer term cooperation will be considered positively. Single-actions not aiming at establishing a durable partnership should be avoided.
2. Projects presenting some originality, proposing a new kind of cooperation and new types of activities and projects building on existing collaboration will be favoured. In no sense should the project be only a duplication of already existing initiatives.
3. Projects should fall under one or more of the following areas:
- Transnitria: human rights advocacy, independent media development, local civic initiatives, CSOs capacity-building and support to confidence-building;
- Media: supporting independent newspapers (especially in the regions), online news sources, independent broadcasting and trainings for journalists;
- Local Civic Activism: stimulating civil society in the regions, smaller towns and villages, where it is less developed;
- Democratic Transition: supporting the reforms needed to consolidate Moldova’s democratic transition (judicial, security sector, electoral law etc.);
- EU Integration Processes: educating citizens about the EU, addressing steps that need to be taken to further the integration process;
- Youth Participation in areas specified above: involvement of youth and youth as active actors in mentioned fields.
4.Projects focused on sharing transition of know-how from Central Europe are strongly encouraged and recommended.
Time frame: max 9 months (until March 2013). For projects on youth participation: max 6 months (until December 2012).
Size of funding: from 10000 to 20.000 USD. The Basket Fund supported activities can be either fully funded by the Basket Fund or co-funded.
Project Proposal should include the following documents:
1. Concept Note (Annex A), not longer than 7 pages, in English, Romanian or Russian;
2. Budget (Annex B);
3. Copy of Registration Certificate of the Applicant;
4. Copy of Registration Certificate of the involved Partners;
5. Partnership Agreement specifying the contribution (if the case) and role of each partner;
6. CV of the Project Manager.
Deadline for application: 29 June 2012, 5 p.m.
Please submit the Project Proposal to the EPD Coordinator Ludmila Malai via email email@example.com or to the following address: nr.98, 31 August 1989 str., 3rd floor, East-Europe Foundation office, contact phone (+373-22) 235-343 (direct line 120). Incomplete proposals or applications received after the established deadline will not be considered.
The European Partnership for Democracy (EPD) is an independent European organization that supports democracy outside of the European Union. It serves as the platform for European civil and political society organizations working on democracy assistance. The EPD’s mission is to advocate for a stronger presence of democracy support on the EU’s agenda, to share knowledge on democracy assistance among various stakeholders and to provide small grants to partner organizations in the field (www.epd.eu).
Ajută portalul CIVIC.MD facând o donaţie:
Articole recomandate de prietenii tăi: