National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, Moldova representative office, is seeking to employ an enthusiastic individual for the vacancy of the Civic Program Officer, in NDI’s multi year democracy development program in Moldova. The successful applicant will work closely with the an expat Civic Program Director, to coordinate activities in the Civic Program Department. The Officer will implement the activities as requested by the NDI’s technical approach to programming, and as designed by the Civic Program Department. The Officer will be encouraged to take on increasing responsibility for program activities and objectives, and will be expected to understand and share NDI values and approach. NDI will encourage the Officer to show initiative in contributing to program design, in coordination with and guidance from Civic Program Director and DCoP. The Officer is expected to be able to run the Civic Program independently, starting with the third year of the program. The Officer will ensure that the civic program is meeting the prescribed indicators and the larger program objectives. The Officer will collaborate closely with the other members of the Civic Department, Democracy Department and with the Monitoring and Reporting Assistant. The interested candidates should submit a recent CV and cover letter, to email@example.com, by August 12, 2012. Early submissions are encouraged. Please describe in the cover letter your grassroots organizing experience.
This job includes significant travel throughout Moldova and intensive grassroots organizing work.
- University degree, preferably from a Western university or a liberal arts school, in Business Administration, Social or Political Sciences, Communication, or any related fields.
- Excellent command of written English. Native level/fluent Romanian language. Russian will be an advantage.
- Analytical skills and proven research abilities.
- Proven interest in politics, citizen participation, elections, and related fields.
- Proven public speaking and training skills will be an advantage.
- Flexibility, team spirit, and emotional intelligence.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Civic Director and DCoP on delivering the activities and outputs of the Civic Program' technical approach;
- Maintain communication with the civic program beneficiaries and coordinate the activities of the civic department;
- Assist with and assume increasing responsibility for the training components of the program;
- Help set up and coordinate, with guidance from Civic Director and DCoP, where appropriate, the Issue Advocacy Program, Civic Forum Program and Election Monitoring Program;
- Prepare routine program reporting, following a standardized format;
- Coordinate the work of the Regional Civic Staff, and offer them the necessary support;
- Collect monitoring data, track indicators and collaborate with the Monitoring and Reporting Assistant on preparing summary reports, forms, and other required documentation;
- Provide written translations and interpretation;
- Represent NDI in meetings and events of various level of profile and scope, in coordination with Civic Director and/or DCoP;
- Collaborate with the Administrative and Political departments on cross-cutting issues;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the senior management (Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Civic Program Director, Finance and Logistics Director);
Ajută-ne să promovăm acest material pe reţelele sociale!
Articole recomandate de prietenii tăi: