TITLE:┬á Procurement and Grants Manager
REPORTS TO: Program Director
POSITION LOCATION: Chisinau, Moldova
START DATE: July 2012
IREX seeks a qualified Moldovan professional to fill the position of Procurement Specialist for the Global Libraries program in Moldova.
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing leadership and innovative programs to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, and foster pluralistic civil society development.
The Global Libraries Moldova program is a two-year learning grant designed to gain an in-depth understanding of the strengths and opportunities for providing wide scale public access to the internet through the existing public library network. This will occur through networking with a wide range of stakeholders, providing training to librarians, and piloting public access to the internet in a number of libraries.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the guidance of the finance director and program management, this position will provide oversight of the procurement of goods and services for the Global Libraries in Moldova programÔÇÖs stakeholders.┬á The position will be based in Chisinau, Moldova with some travel throughout the country. The position requires experience in designing and implementing transparent and effective procurement processes and reporting for international assistance programs, as well as experience managing and overseeing sub-grants.┬á IREX seeks a candidate with knowledge of technology procurement and development assistance programs.
The Grants and Procurement Manager will:
- Assist the development of the projectÔÇÖs procurement process;
- Consult with legal counsel as necessary to ensure that all aspects of the projectÔÇÖs procurement and grants processes are in compliance with Moldovan legislation and regulations;
- Identify, recruit and convene members of a committee to make decisions on procurement and/or grants;
- Convene regular vendor meetings to inform vendors about the progress of the project and exchange best practices and post the minutes to the project website;
- Ensure that all project staff and partners are well informed on IREXÔÇÖs general procurement policy and the additional rules and procedures developed for the project;
- Working with the management team, develop and implement a plan for publicizing and making transparent the steps in the procurement process among stakeholders and the general public;
- Develop an instruction manual for libraries in implementing procurement procedures after the new procurement law is passed, to improve their capacity to acquire replacement equipment;
- Ensure that tender notices, announcements of results, and minutes of deliberations of the procurement committee are posted to the project website in a timely manner;
- Develop performance measures for vendors, supervise their work, gather information on performance of contracts
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Forecasting upcoming demand
- Under supervision of finance director, manage and supervise the sub-grant process for GLM
- Participate in Application Selection Committee: read and score grant applications
- Prepare Sub-grant Agreements for grantees nominated for signing
- Review and evaluate Sub-granteesÔÇÖ financial reports
- Maintain sub-grant information (contact information, funds awarded and disbursed, reports due, received and approved, cash balances, etc.)
- Reports to Finance Department on sub-grants (monthly, annual, and others as appropriate)
- Participate in tenders when required
- Conduct monitoring visits to project sites
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must be well organized, able to work independently, skilled at handling multiple tasks, able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment, and willing to travel within Moldova. Other specific qualifications should include:
- A minimum of 2 yearsÔÇÖ experience in procurement of equipment for international assistance projects in the Eastern European context;
- Substantial knowledge of international standards for procurement procedures and ability to design and implement a transparent, fair and efficient procurement system;
- Experience coordinating or managing international assistants/small grants in Moldova;
- Knowledge of applicable Moldovan laws and experience in aggregating international procurement documents to Moldovan laws;
- Higher education in a relevant discipline;
- Experience working with information and communication technology in a development context;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant computer applications, including MS Project, Excel and Publisher and online collaborative tools such as wikis
- Experience working as a member of a team and coordinating and overseeing reporting for assistance programs;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to communicate with local stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of project activities;
- Excellent writing skills in English and Romanian or Russian;
- Fluency in spoken English, Romanian and Russian;
- Moldovan citizenship.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include Procurement and Grants Manager in the subject line)
Deadline:┬á July 2nd, 2012, 09.00 AM
Ajut─â-ne s─â promov─âm acest material pe re┼úelele sociale!
Articole recomandate de prietenii t─âi: